Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing full songs from PA600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject: Importing full songs from PA600 Reply with quote

Hello,
Is this possible to "smart" import the whole songs from PA600 - including the styles and the sounds? The problem is that some of my songs use non-standard styles and sounds beacuse I use Dopamine in my PA600, and the Dopamine replaced many of the factory sounds and styles. So I think the PA1000 could wrongly choose the style and sounds while importing.
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that if the songs were recorded from styles then save them as a MidiFile in the PA600 and then read them in the PA1000. You have to replace the custom sounds from Dopamine with those in PA1000
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
Jack01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr1967 wrote:
You have to replace the custom sounds from Dopamine with those in PA1000

Thanks for the suggestion, but what if I wanted to still keep the sounds from Dopamine? Maybe move these sounds to PA600 User banks (if they are located in Factory banks) and then export to a file that could be imported in PA1000? What do you think about it?
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Dopamine is not secured. If not then you can import individual sounds into the PA1000. In a faster way, you can also do it through Korg PA Manager. You need to check what Dopamine sounds you used for your songs and only import those along with the samples
Jack01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr1967 wrote:
I don't know if Dopamine is not secured. If not then you can import individual sounds into the PA1000. In a faster way, you can also do it through Korg PA Manager.

Thanks, good idea, I will try the PA Manager!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing full songs from PA600 Reply with quote

Jack01 wrote:
Hello,
Is this possible to "smart" import the whole songs from PA600 - including the styles and the sounds? The problem is that some of my songs use non-standard styles and sounds because I use Dopamine in my PA600, and the Dopamine replaced many of the factory sounds and styles. So I think the PA1000 could wrongly choose the style and sounds while importing.

To use Dopamine from Pa600 it would be smart to use the Dopamine-Set for Direct-Access. A simple "Select" in Media will create a dopamine_converted.set from dopamine.set and can be used for further decisions that you intend to make with the PA600's musical resources.

That all is possible without initially occupying the Pa1000's internal memory. So for now you can use pa1000 as it is delivered with its factory settings and songbook and at same time you can listen to how the Pa1000 has converted the resources of the Pa600.

Songbooks of Pa600 and Pa1000 will be combined automatically with internal software and also can be used together, but previously it is necessary to update resource locations of pa600 songbook with songbook-editor, else resource will be signed as "Out of range".

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Jack01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Importing full songs from PA600 Reply with quote

[quote="siebenhirter"]
Jack01 wrote:

To use Dopamine from Pa600 it would be smart to use the Dopamine-Set for Direct-Access.

Many thanks, that's a great solution indeed!
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Dopamine from PA600 bring something new interesting to PA1000 ?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is both a pa600 and pa900 version. I’ve used some of the resources in my Pa700.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: