Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If not 5X - Genos 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:33 pm    Post subject: If not 5X - Genos 2? Reply with quote

Anyone considering the Yamaha Genos 2 as the next step beyond 4X?

My 4X satisfies my needs as a recreational musician but I'm always interested in the "new and improved." Although I have been a loyal Korg devotee for many years, I am not "locked in." And, like many of you, I have held off consideration of the 5X for many of the reasons that have been discussed here at length.

I have heard some really good and interesting things about the G2 (and a few bad to be fair) and just wondering if any of you might also be looking at the G2. If so, what do you think might be the main advantages ( or disadvantages) over the 4X and 5X?

For example, more and better styles, reworked sounds, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might care to comment.

Ron
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron

I also am not locked into Korg but IMHO there is nothing better than the PA4x right now.
Genos 2 is yet another Tyros with some additional bells - check the manuals since Tyros 5.

Genos2 not for me - maybe Roland will jump in?????

HEY - you have the Kronos too - PA4x & Kronos - doesn't get any better - deeply regretting selling my Kronos Crying or Very sad
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
redfox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real problem, in my opinion, is that the software in arranger keyboards has become increasingly complex and that musical instrument companies are not able to manage this kind of project. Excellent sounds, excellent playability, but in the arranger market the demand inevitably shifts to software and none of the major musical names has a software division capable of creating and especially managing what in effect is a complex operating system with many applications. Probably a new approach to the problem is needed: Yamaha is doing something with its latest products (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2wkoeFNbk&t=933s), moving the interface to tablets and/or smartphones and thus uncoupling the software part, maybe that is the way to explore.

If someone today were to make an open source arranger, taking care of the musical part (sounds, touch, man/machine interface, vocoder, etc.) and leaving users the possibility to manage, extend and write new "apps", perhaps (and I underline "perhaps") this could be the right way.

Years ago, Lionstrack tried to follow this path with its Linux keyboard. GEM also introduced the possibility of creating custom modules in its WK8s. Perhaps the time was not yet right, or more simply, neither company had the resources to support this type of activity.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy new year to everyone guys!!!!

From my point of view, arranger keyboards should all have a common protocol regarding not only locations and mappings but also elements/variations/ etc.

Genos2 has the best sound quality indeed, but style's structure and editing capabilities are so poor.
If pa4x had the same sound quality, it would be like a Lamborghini Vs a Fiat ,cause that's what Genos is without the sounds .

I have a feeling that soon we will have some new toys around,after NAMM,so be patient !!!!

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard rumors about a pa5x price drop in the U.S. happening anytime soon? I know some stores overseas already play with prices, but there hasn't been any movement here yet. I'll be ready to nab one early March, hopefully(not optimistic) there will be a worthwhile os update.
redfox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOoNmAn wrote:
Anyone heard rumors about a pa5x price drop in the U.S. happening anytime soon?

Now here in Italy, tax and shipping included:

Pa5X-61: €3.999,00
    Pa5X-76: €4.199,00
    Pa5X-88: €4.899,00
    Ketron Event (76): 4.699,00
    Yamaha Genos2 (76): 4.489,00

FIY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: