Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

opsix and RNDIS (Win 11)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavlii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject: opsix and RNDIS (Win 11) Reply with quote

Hi all, after some time I got the idea to update my opsix (as I found there was new System Updater). But bad surprise: after connecting the USB cable I got the "Unrecognized USB device" with "Code: 43". In detail: "A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

My opsix had been set (as in the past when the connection had been running well, but under Win 8 if I remember correctly) to "RNDIS" (in GLOBAL > SYS menu) but no Network Adapter for RNDIS (marked as KORG opsix) had not been detected and established as before. Thus neither connectivity to KORG`s applications nor basic MIDI functionality woirks (the opsix device is NOT listed in MIDI devices list in KORG Uninstall utility to check whether it suits inside first 10 slots).

So my question is simply: is there some more straightforward way to get this connection working again? I tried to uninstall and newly reinstall the Librarian, System Updater and latest drvTools but no success.

OS is WIndows 11 Home, 23H2, Build: 22631.2861, Intel platform.

KORG opsix is on its own on 2.0.1 firmware version.

I had searched this forum tree for "RNDIS" word but without success; trhat is why I am creating new topic.

Thanx for any hint I could try.

Regards, Pavel

EDIT: Adding a note if the opsix device would be listed in "Other devices" as RNDIS configuration in manuals says it might be resolved. But in this case when unknown USB device has been listed I cannot set the RNDIS driver for it because it has no sense....

http://www.studiokappka.cz Skype: studio_kappka
home recording: Cubase VST/32 5.2 & C5/6.5/7, WaveLab 4 & 6/7
Dynaudio BM6 + A500, Yamaha DSP Factory, Yamaha AW2400, Yamaha MOTIF ES 8
pavlii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: :-) Reply with quote

OK, so following are some steps I did and I was lucky; even that I think the only one point is most important - see below. In both cases there was the same symptom after connecting opsix to the computer - as I wrote above.

First installation (notebook, Win 10):

- manually added New hardware from the vendor "KORG" (not "KORG Inc." - there is not opsix listed anyway), it had got the exclamation mark too.
- uninstalled the USB unknown device
- uninstalled the KORG opsix device with "removing the drivers too"
- checking for HW changes
- voila! The new Other "RNDIS" device appeared so the next steps were done according to the instructions for RNDIS setup and everything was correct after that.

Connecting to PC where the opsix had already been connected in the past - but it become problematic now, as I wrote above (Win 11):

- the above steps using for NTB connection did not work for my PC
- I definitely checked the new USB connection via USB2 port (even this point is not so straightforward mentioned I think) and voila: the RNDIS device with exclamation mark appeared so I only installed the drivers again and everything became establioshed correctly.

So in my point of view the MOST IMPORTANT point is the opsix is not able to connect at least via RNDIS using USB3 port (the blue one) - the USB2 is definitely the only right one. I suppose the same is valid for NCS but will not try soon Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe it could be herlpful for anyone in the future.

P.

http://www.studiokappka.cz Skype: studio_kappka
home recording: Cubase VST/32 5.2 & C5/6.5/7, WaveLab 4 & 6/7
Dynaudio BM6 + A500, Yamaha DSP Factory, Yamaha AW2400, Yamaha MOTIF ES 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: