Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken SCROLL WHEEL - Korg Triton Pro-X 88 keys weighted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim8oland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Broken SCROLL WHEEL - Korg Triton Pro-X 88 keys weighted Reply with quote

Hi there...I have a Pro-X that I bought a while back. When I bought it, I noticed that the scroll wheel was a bit touchy, but now it has gotten to the point that it scrolls at random when i turn the wheel left or right...it goes both up or down randomly. How do I fix this or how much would something like this cost to repair?? I appreciate any and all input from you guys. Thanks.

-Tim

Last edited by tim8oland on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
tim8oland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YEAH...I don't have a manual so that is why I'm lost w/ using this machine to its full capabilities. Does anyone have a .pdf format of the manual?? I could really use it for sequencing.
friedgreenwombats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tim,
my scroll wheel is doing the same thing on my Triton Studio 88.
I haven't been able to fix it either and it's quite frustrating.

Sucks you haven't had any responses...
dayve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here... i cant even use it, otherwise it messes all my key tunes up
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides cleaning out the mechanism with some compressed air, the only thing I can reccommend - as with all hardware issues - is to either take it to Korg or to somewhere else (generally a music shop) that repairs keyboards.

You can download the manual online. KorgUKSupport have all past product's manuals:
http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
ricardomir

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject: how to fix the scroll wheel Reply with quote

This is a very old original post but hopefully this solution can still help people out there. It turns out that fixing a scroll wheel which becomes erratic or unresponsive is not that hard at all. I just did it on my Korg Triton, and it fixed the scroll wheel completely. Here's what to do:

1. Using a small bread and butter knife or the flat end of a screwdriver, gently insert it between the scroll wheel and its surrounding casing. Start prying it out. Do not use excessive force or it could break off. Pry up on one end, and then move around the circumference gently prying until the wheel pops out.
2. You will notice that only the metallic tip of the knob is accessible without disassembling the whole keyboard. The good news is that the contact between the rotating part of the knob and the stationary part is within reach. What you need is rubbing alcohol to clean out the internal contacts of this knob, and some cotton.
3. Saturate the small wad of cotton with alcohol. Then press the cotton around the knob stub while rotating this stub clockwise and counter-clockwise. This is important so that the alcohol can seep in between the rotating and static parts of the knob.
4. Now continue rotating this knob vigorously in both directions. You should notice that the erratic behaviour quickly gets resolved.
5. Finish cleaning all around and inside the knob well. Allow it to dry for a few minutes and then carefully replace the plastic wheel by aligning it with the metal knob and gently pressing it back into place.

This worked for me. Hopefully it works for you. If it doesn't, there may be actual damage to the knob and it will need to be repaired by a qualified technician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: