Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Parameters and Sample Looping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject: Editing Parameters and Sample Looping Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit of a noob to the Kross 2, having only owned it for about 6 months, but own a Kronos and have previously owned a Triton LE.

There's two things I am struggling to achieve with the Kross and I'm hoping some knowledgeable members can provide some pointers Smile

1) Is there a way to quickly edit parameters with a large range of values? For example, note duration in the sequencer has 480 ticks per measure - using the data wheel to increment this tick by tick for a full measure gives my wrist a very good workout. I know you can hold the up and down arrows too, but is there a quicker way to make course adjustments?

2) Has anyone found a good way of making tempo-synced loops with the sampler, either sampling the Kronos' own sounds or recording externally? I am hoping to use the sampler to compensate for the lack of effects and the best workflow I have come up with is to record a sample, convert it to a program or KSC, then trigger the samples from the sequencer with apporpriate decay settings, either using an arp or sequencer events. I have found triggering the pads directly from the sequencer a little hit and miss, but the workflow above is really time consuming. Has anyone found a good method?

On a related note, is there any way people have found tu be able tu use a metronome while resampling so it's possible to play to a set tempo?

Finally, anyone got a service manual for the Kross 2?

The sample looping capabilities in the Kross are ... limited ... so I am hoping that people with more experience with basic samplers can offer some battle-tested suggestions!

Otherwise I am mostly digging the Kross. Just wish the sampler was a little more capable and there were a few more full-fat effects slots (I feel Korg have been deliberately disingenuous in how they have advertised the specs here!).

Thanks,
Lee
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the looping of samples, I have developed a compendium documenting the various combinations of loop lengths of tempos that will result in perfect loops on the Kross. I shall post the results here.

I have been unsuccessful in finding a mechanism for rapidly editing parameter values.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it's not on the board, but isn't there editor software for the Kross's sound design? I seem to remember that from somewhere, but maybe I'm confused.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is indeed! Though the UI doesn’t scale well in Hi-DPI Mac screens, which is what I have.

But even changing things like tempo onboard the Kross is more of a hassle than it needs to be: because Tempo can be adjusted in .01 BPM increments, changing the tempo by 1 BPM needs one hundred rotations of the value dial!

Sigh. I get that Korg don’t want to cannibalise sales of their higher-end workstations, but things like this are just annoying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: