Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convince me the modwave is not ruined at the foundation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Null_5d3d

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:21 am    Post subject: Convince me the modwave is not ruined at the foundation Reply with quote

Why is it that with each new update comes a whole host of new problems and old problems and why is it so difficult for korgs software team to pull their stuff together and make it perform the simplest of tasks? I thought I was finally done with this waiting for device BS but nope. All that happened was I updated my native and now the editor librarian doesn't work anymore. I have no clue how that could possibly effect anything don't know if it's coincidence but it rarely ever worked before that. I've done everything in the handbook and everything else imaginable and it doesn't work on two different PC's and it doesn't work with any USB cable, I got a 1.1 a 2.0 and a 3.0 (which doesn't fit anyways) but they're new and from microcenter and they work with everything else. Why is it any other synth works straight out the box but this one is just doomed to perpetual bugs and malfunctioning? Why is it software not developed by korg can detect it but their own software can't? Korg has some real sorry software devs and unless I can get this working in the next week I'm parting from it and I'm going to make a very thorough review on all aspects of the modwave and not just its "features" cause theres also a problem with all these reviews being on how the modwave is if it functions correctly but leaving out very important aspects like the fact that this is hands down the most buggy and error prone synth possibly in all of history if not at least on the market right now. I don't make much money at my job so to go out and buy this only to discover it doesn't do anything it was advertised to makes me feel like I got sold a lemon. But at least with a car I can get some miles out of it before it breaks down, with this its taken something in the ballpark of probably 30-40 hours of troubleshooting in this past year with nothing to show for it. My challenge to anyone is to find one thing I haven't tried cause it's at the point where everything I try is just ritualistic at this point.
VPNoff
Firewalloff
Bonjour running
1.1.3 modwave hard
1.2.1 modwave editor librarian
Modwave displayed under devices in windows setting
Modwave displayed under driver's (midi in, midi out and under sound drivers)
Downloaded and install USB drivers from korgs website.
After this there's a whole list of other things I've done. Even booting in safe mode and starting everything korg and modwave related. It doesn't evens seem this is faulty hardware it's legit just half-assed design.[/img]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably the Modwave is actually playable, in that it produces interesting, and interestingly modifiable, sounds, and that it's getting the editor to work nicely with the Modwave that is the main issue.

I can see why Korg went the way it did with interfacing the Modwave to an external editor. For me, it's a pity that they didn't allow the editor to work with earlier 32 bit Windows systems so, in a way, I'm in the same position as you, but for a different reason.

Here are a couple of links that may help:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125938

https://joe.blog.freemansoft.com/2022/11/installing-rndis-driver-on-windows-11.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: