Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iX300 floppy drive format

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan3666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject: iX300 floppy drive format Reply with quote

Hi everyone, the floppy drive on my iX300 reported “no disk in drive”. When I opened it up I found the drive belt had perished. I found a flat belt that fitted. I had to remove the logic board so I could get the belt pass the sensor. After that I again tried to format a disk. It ran for a few seconds then reported “disk has changed” I tried to format again and it’s saying “no disk in drive” again. The belt appears to be sound. The FDD probably hasn’t been used for years. Any thoughts?

Also is there a floppy emulator that fits this keyboard? The connector is a single flat cable. Not a regular pc FDD cable and power connector.

Cheers

Alan
Korg SP250, Roland RD150, Novation K-Station, Novation Bass-Station, Akai Miniak, Akai MPK Mini, Kawai K1, Roland Pro E, Yamaha DD65, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson J15, Line 6 JTV59, Esp EC-256, Columbus Les Paul, Yamaha Bass, Eko Ranger 6, Stagg mandolin. Kemble upright.
Alan3666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject: Issue resolved Reply with quote

I resolved by replacing the floppy drive with a floppy drive emulator.

First I had to instal a convertor, found on eBay SFR1M44-U100K, floppy belt Matsushita EME 216KR adapter. About £35 shipped from Germany. This converted the flat blade cable to a pc type connector plus power connection.

Then the floppy emulator from eBay, a Gotek unit, about £20.

Once connected go to Ketron.it/category/software and download format and explorer s/w

Format a thumb drive in the pc usb port.

Plug it into the iX300 and you have access to 100 partitions each of 1.4 Mb.

Go too silverhawk33.tripod.com to find iX300 downloads for arrangements, styles, backing tracks and programs for German, American and German

You need to copy to the thumb drive but windows only sees the first partition.

Once it's there go to the Ketron explorer and cut and paste the German and American to partition 1 and 2.

This leaves the English version on partition 0.

Load in to iX300 using Global/Until and away you go.

You can load the German or American by incriminating the emulator buttons

Good luck
Korg SP250, Roland RD150, Novation K-Station, Novation Bass-Station, Akai Miniak, Akai MPK Mini, Kawai K1, Roland Pro E, Yamaha DD65, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson J15, Line 6 JTV59, Esp EC-256, Columbus Les Paul, Yamaha Bass, Eko Ranger 6, Stagg mandolin. Kemble upright.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: