Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg and MIDI in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reincheque

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Microkorg and MIDI in Reply with quote

Howdy!

New to the forum and new to the Microkorg.

I've done a brief search on the forum for a particular problem I have, but nothing leapt out, so apologies in advance...😉

I'm trying to connect the Microkorg via MIDI to Cubase 12. I have prerecorded vocals and preprogrammed MIDI parts on Cubase, and I want to vocode with Cubase controlling the melody on the Microkorg. But it's not working out for me.

I can just about manage to manually play the Microkorg against the audio feed from Cubase, but I really want to automate the process.

I guess this can't be a new problem, so I'm hoping there is a handy solution.

Regards,

djp

https://danielprendiville.bandcamp.com
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sounds more like a problem of your Cubase setup (not outputting MIDI on the right port and/or MIDI channel) than of the MK.

You need audio out from Cubase (for the vocals) into Audio In 1 Dynamic input of the MK. Set the switch to line and turn up the volume 1 knob at the back. But if I understand it correctly, this is already working fine.
Then you need a MIDI cable from you PC (MIDI out) to MIDI in of the MK.
Then you need to setup your preprogrammed MIDI tracks to be sent out on the PC selected MIDI out port and with factory default settings of the MK, sent out from your PC on MIDI channel 1.
Choose a vocoder program on the MK and let Cubase run. Maybe check that Cubase does not change the program on the MK via the MIDI cable.

You can debug both connections serarately in fact.
* Audio: choose a vocoder program on the MK, play some audio on Cubase and play some notes on the MK keyboard, you should hear the vocoder effect.
* MIDI IN: choose a regular program on the MK, play the midi track on Cubass and you should hear the melody.

Good luck
reincheque

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try that.

Regards,

djp
reincheque

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, sorted this problem. Everything working fine and as expected.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

djp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: