Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Synth in LA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp_keys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject: New to Synth in LA Reply with quote

Hello everyone, glad to be here!

I'm a pianist based in LA and I am completely new to Korg products and fairly new to advanced synthesizers. I recently obtained a Korg Nautilus 88 and have been having a fantastic time exploring the instrument. I am here to get better accustomed to how to use it, specifically for recording.

I've been performing live (acoustic) since I was a kid, but I am getting into the art and science of recording now. My previous experience had been limited and not being a "tech" person (who still somehow does a lot of tech), there's a lot about the mechanical side that I'm finding very challenging.

I am working with the latest version of Logic Pro X (myself and the others I work with are most familiar with this DAW). I would like to be able to record using the Nautilus as an external instrument the way I would with my guitars, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to set up the signal flow so that I can simultaneously record midi and audio from the nautilus into Logic Pro.

Right now, I can't get Logic to pick up any audio from the Nautilus. I get silent midi or audio that doesn't match the sounds from the Korg.

I think I have all of the right equipment. Interface (Scarlet 4i4); various mics, cables and usb chords.

I would love if someone from this community could help me with a step-by-step breakdown of how to get this baby rolling! I would also appreciate any feedback from those with experience recording tracks in the Nautilus sequences to be exported to an external DAW. I'm open to using a software besides Logic if that would be better. I have Ableton Live and access to Reason, but am not as comfortable with those platforms.

Thank you!

~J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: