Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capturing MIDI signals from E2 on Logic Pro X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bombilo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Capturing MIDI signals from E2 on Logic Pro X Reply with quote

Hi all E2 users!

I was wondering how is it possible to capture all 16 parts on my E2 on a Logic Pro X session separately - Meaning each part of the 16 parts on E2 would be captured to a individual MIDI channel in the Logic session.

Or as alternativ - do you have a suggestion of how to use the E2 in a recording session ? the purpose is to simply have the possibility to mix the parts fro mthe sampler separately (meaning I do not want to record the Stereo Output of the E2 and use it for mixing as it combines drum machine sequence, as well as other synth pads and parts)

Have anyone done that or can elaborate on how can the E2 be best used in a recording session ?

Thank you!
Bombilo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Electribe Midi Outs / 16 parts seperetly audio out Reply with quote

Hi again i'd like to sharpen that up a bit now after a few months and a recording i've been doing with the electribe:

I think I did manage to get midi signals but all 16 channels from electribe to one midi channel on Logic. I just got tired messing around with it too much and didn't even know if its possible.

Ideally what would be very useful is of course to get individual 16 midi channels on Logic that each and everyone coherently synched with part 1-16 from electribe of course
later on - maybe it even enough to load on each midi channel a sampler VST and drop a corresponding sample on each individual channel.

eventually with my band we ended up recording straight from Electribe to computer. meaning its the sum Stereo channel with all music from electribe. in some songs it was too crowded signal and I had to treat the recorded signal we did live as a guid to which will guide me later to record individual track every time again and again soloing 1 part (out of the 16). This is a real greasy elbow work I tell you that.. (and of course if you don't use midi clock form the DAW synched to electribe - whic hI didn't, you always have to

Ideally a very good use with the Electribe i'm trying to figure out as well for live and recording situations - is having the ability to have the separate parts on 16 channels. I bet someone in this world have thought of a sort of interface you can plug to the USB port of the electribe that either give you 16 analog outs (THAT WOULD BE - T H E - DREAM COMING TRUE..)
or at least allow you to plug it to a computer the will recognise it as an audio interface with 16 digital channels (Would be a SEMI DREAM COME TRUE)

I wonder who of you long time users and producers using the Electribe - as well got those thoughts and wishes. Feel free to contact me personally if you got any lead or idea - it would be a nice idea to develop (I know I can not do those kind of stuff but maybe a developer / computer engineer with the skills is reading this message ..)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: