Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing drum pattern endings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:46 am    Post subject: Editing drum pattern endings Reply with quote

When I use PA1000 styles, I am often using nothing but the drums, since I am playing with other live musicians. The issue I run into is the song endings... the Ending patterns are usually very tied to the rest of the accompaniment, and make no sense by themselves, you can't really "play along" with those drum endings alone, because (absent the rest of the accompaniment tracks) they have unpredictable lengths and ritardandos. Does anyone have a good solution for this?

I'm thinking that what I really want to do is make copies of these styles that have edited endings, which are simply, say, 8 beats of one of the other variations plus a crash on the final One. Is this a workable approach? What's involved in creating this copy of a style with a simplified ending? Might there be any tutorial on doing this kind of thing?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing drum pattern endings Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
... often using nothing but the drums, since I am playing with other live musicians. The issue I run into is the song endings... the Ending patterns are usually very tied to the rest of the accompaniment ..
I'm thinking that what I really want to do is make copies of these styles that have edited endings, which are simply, say, 8 beats of one of the other variations plus a crash on the final One. ... Might there be any tutorial on doing this kind of thing?

Hello Scott,
that the Ending patterns are tied to the rest of the accompaniment is not surprising with an Pa1000 arranger-style player.

You've already practically given yourself the answer to solving your problem with useless endings for pure drum sequences -
simply copy 8 beats of one of the other variations plus a crash on the final one.

No tutorial necessary - just do it with Style Record > Style Edit > Style Copy > from/to ... add a crash and finally save the style!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: