Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading PCG from FDD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Classic49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Loading PCG from FDD Reply with quote

Hi.
I may be missing a step but I am trying to load programs from a pcg file but am not seeing them in the bank.

I have the EXBPCM08 card installed and am trying to load programs/combinations using the floppy disk (created from download from KORG website). I choose D_BANK.PCG, click Open, then with Programs selected, click Open again. “Bank D” is displayed which again I click Open and see a list of programs.

If I then go to Prog and Bank D I still see the internal programs (000: Ribbon Morpher”.

Any advice would be appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the relevant Memory Protect checkboxes enabled in Global mode? They should be disabled.

Could the floppy drive be having issues reading from the disk?

Classic49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. None of the memory protect checkboxes are ticked and the FDD seems to be reading ok.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Loading PCG from FDD Reply with quote

Classic49 wrote:
Hi.
I may be missing a step but I am trying to load programs from a pcg file but am not seeing them in the bank.

I have the EXBPCM08 card installed and am trying to load programs/combinations using the floppy disk (created from download from KORG website). I choose D_BANK.PCG, click Open, then with Programs selected, click Open again. “Bank D” is displayed which again I click Open and see a list of programs.

If I then go to Prog and Bank D I still see the internal programs (000: Ribbon Morpher”.

Did you actually "Load" the programs? "Open" is like browsing the directory structure. You must then "Load" what you have selected - in this case either the entire Bank D or individual programs listed within Bank D. Note: You can also preview (manually audition) each program in the floppy list by selecting it.
Classic49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Loading PCG from FDD Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Classic49 wrote:
Hi.

Did you actually "Load" the programs? "Open" is like browsing the directory structure. You must then "Load" what you have selected - in this case either the entire Bank D or individual programs listed within Bank D. Note: You can also preview (manually audition) each program in the floppy list by selecting it.

Thank you so much. I had missed the "Load" button at the top of the screen and thought that "Open" was the only option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: