Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about how to copy data into a flashcard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shad0wfax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Question about how to copy data into a flashcard Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just got a "new" PCMCIA 16Mb flash RAM card for my PA80. I've managed to format it form the keyboard with no problems.

I've also downloaded the data of the "Real Drums" original PA80 expansion card from Korg's website, and now I've got all the data (nearly 8Mb) in the internal PA80 hard drive, in a .SET folder.

Now the problem is how to save the data into the flash card. Whenever I try to copy the .SET folder, it appears a message telling that "the file is protected", despite I've turned all protections to "off". Also, in the card a "autoload.set" is created by default and it seems that it's a requirement to automatically load the contents whenever the keyboard is turned on, but inside that folder, there is no "samples" folder. And it seems that the PA80 automatically sets two partitions, one specically for the samples and another one for the rest of the files.

So, I just don't know what I have to do to copy all the data into the card and use it as if I had a "Real Drums" ROM card. Any help will be very appreciated.
shad0wfax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a long and painful research, I think I've discovered what was the problem.

I've got the "Real Drums" card contents in a .SET folder, but it seems that in order to save data into a flash card, a ".CRD" backup file is needed, as you cannot simply try to copy the .SET contents into the card.

So, the point is: Is there any way I could convert the .SET folder into a .CRD format, so I could restore it into the card? If not, is it possible to download anywhere the .CRD corresponding to the Real Drums card, considering that Korg have its contents in their webpage and they can be freely downloaded?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: