Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross2 Din Midi connection question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Davis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Kross2 Din Midi connection question Reply with quote

Hi Guys :

It is my intention to connect my new Korg Kross2 with my Yamaha Tyros4 arranger.

I would be very grateful to let me know ( step by step, if possible ) how I have to set up my Kross2, after Din connection with my Yamaha Tyros4 ( = main keyboard ).

Thank you in advance.
Best Wishes, Joe Davis
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What exactly are you looking after? Do you have a kind of workflow in mind? Possibilities are plenty...

Think about things like:
* When selecting a program on the Tyros, the Kross automatically also changes to a corresponding program/combi.
* Using the Tyros purely as a master keyboard for the Kross, meaning the audio out of the Tyros is muted/ignored, you just use the Tyros keyboard to play the Kross
* Combining audio of both the Tyros and Kross in one performance.
x E.g. upper half of the keyboard the Tyros sounds, lower half of the keyboard the Kross sounds.
x Or the Kross brings a pad sound below the lead sound of the Tyros over the whole keyboard range.
x Or ...

One particular workflow for all your usages would be nice, but things can vary from one combination to another. You see that it is not straightforward to present you a one-stop-guide for setting up. Note that most likely you need to tweak both the Tyros and Kross.

Have fun!
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up from what OpAmp said about "next steps" varying with what it is you're trying to do, since you says Tyros is the "main keyboard," I get the impression that your goal is to play the Tyros keyboard and have it trigger Kross sounds. If that's the case, you only need one MIDI cable (Tyros MIDI Out to Kross MIDI In), and the next steps will primarily involve Tyros settings, not Kross settings. On the Kross side, probably all you will need to do is set up Combis that have the desired Kross sounds assigned to the channels that the Tyros will be triggering them on. You may run into limitations, though, arising from the fact that, in general, the MIDI functionality of Yamaha's arrangers has tended to be somewhat limited, they are not as versatile in their MIDI functions as the Kross is.
Joe Davis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12919 Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice !
Best wishes, JD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: