Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA5X - Should I?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

And you can indeed add your own piano's to the pa5x, Antony made a fantastic high quality piano library which people like, and it's always possible to add your own, I've added the Native instruments Alicia Keys and the Native Instrument Noir piano's to my korg pa5x, because I really like those piano flavors.

Hi Qui, may I ask how you were able to add the Noir to your PA5x, I have the Noir, plus another couple NI pianos, stored away somewhere on disk, is it difficult to add them to PA5x.😃

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
QuiRobinez wrote:

And you can indeed add your own piano's to the pa5x, Antony made a fantastic high quality piano library which people like, and it's always possible to add your own, I've added the Native instruments Alicia Keys and the Native Instrument Noir piano's to my korg pa5x, because I really like those piano flavors.

Hi Qui, may I ask how you were able to add the Noir to your PA5x, I have the Noir, plus another couple NI pianos, stored away somewhere on disk, is it difficult to add them to PA5x.😃

no it's not difficult if you have samplerobot. Basically you are sampling the sound you want and you export it to KMP files, then load in the kmp files in the pa5x and assign them to a new sound source. It takes around 10 minutes to create a good piano library this way with the help of samplerobot that does the complex work for you.

I've explained the complete process for the korg wavestate (jupiter 8 vst sampling), but it's more or less the same for the pa5x. The only thing you don't do for pianos is creating looppoints, just take 25 seconds samples per note that you want to sample (per velocity layer).

the tutorial can be found here:
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
I have the Noir, plus another couple NI pianos, stored away somewhere on disk, is it difficult to add them to PA5x.😃

The actual Noir size of samples is 15Gb with 22 velocity layers and samples time duration reaches 45 second , if you could extract locked resources.
Pa5X can handle up to 8GB and 21 sec max time duration of samples (not to mention bug of compressed stereo samples) so only a skilled sound
developer can customize the proper velocity layers & resample the whole piano in order to create simulation of 45 second samples duration with
advanced looping and ADSR and do the same for all FX like resonance and sympathetic resonance if not Kontakt script is involved ...
This is the way I have created Kronos & PaSeries C7 & CFX Grand pianos.

The hardware VST resampling via utilities like ESC/SampleRobot is a poor way to create a real grand piano but is always a solution for power users.

So yes it's possible but a very hard way to do it properly and requires deep knowledge of piano physics else you can't beat factory pianos.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

no it's not difficult if you have samplerobot. Basically you are sampling the sound you want and you export it to KMP files, then load in the kmp files in the pa5x and assign them to a new sound source. It takes around 10 minutes to create a good piano library this way with the help of samplerobot that does the complex work for you.

I've explained the complete process for the korg wavestate (jupiter 8 vst sampling), but it's more or less the same for the pa5x. The only thing you don't do for pianos is creating looppoints, just take 25 seconds samples per note that you want to sample (per velocity layer).
>

Than you Qui.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

The actual Noir size of samples is 15Gb with 22 velocity layers and samples time duration reaches 45 second , if you could extract locked resources.
Pa5X can handle up to 8GB and 21 sec max time duration of samples (not to mention bug of compressed stereo samples) so only a skilled sound
developer can customize the proper velocity layers & resample the whole piano in order to create simulation of 45 second samples duration with
advanced looping and ADSR and do the same for all FX like resonance and sympathetic resonance if not Kontakt script is involved ...
This is the way I have created Kronos & PaSeries C7 & CFX Grand pianos.

The hardware VST resampling via utilities like ESC/SampleRobot is a poor way to create a real grand piano but is always a solution for power users.

So yes it's possible but a very hard way to do it properly and requires deep knowledge of piano physics else you can't beat factory pianos.

Hope this helps

Thanks Antony,

I don’t have too high an expectation of what I might come up with.😀
Just fascinated by the process and that it is a possibility.

In all the years I’ve owned keyboards, I’ve never dabbled in sound creation/editing ( except for a few sliced drum loops and a few drumkits on my pa800) years ago, and only because I needed them.

So, finding Qui’s tutorials fascinating.
Always good to explore something new, keeps this old brain
functioning 😁.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
So, finding Qui’s tutorials fascinating.
Always good to explore something new, keeps this old brain
functioning 😁.

Qui's tutorial is a state of art ... Very Happy
You own SR Pro 6.6 that supports up to Kontakt 6.5 and 64B VSTi , so you must definitely explore this of how to use SR
and export as Korg Kronos format and then import multisamples in Pa5X.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Qui's tutorial is a state of art ... Very Happy
You own SR Pro 6.6 that supports up to Kontakt 5.7 and 64B VSTi , so you must definitely explore this of how to use SR
and export as Korg Kronos format and then import multisamples in Pa5X.

Thanks Antony, I will do.😁

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's o.k. to post this on the Forums. I do think it's relevant to the thread as two committed people will become PA5X owners in the next few days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145116919153?hash=item21c9a47571:g:9QsAAOSwWQtkegCB&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwLIcfsD%2FExaH4fxRTD%2FMiUpN5%2BQAUDS%2FxbHooh%2FlddeYRyvKsW0CLoy94171JuHhMa4MqBXoOpcHVJGu%2Bj4WnFu%2FPM1GStL0EhFFxvdnJxdUSnvWd8tWomMI6jLlBEfWgLXpATR8MIbuD1aUS9XmwRhvyskSJ0ZsUOOEYrtQL02pAlUaP3rfDKz9lP3Sh69uiRsgDaQG9OrEkuAmibcxyiCkENMbrY9QJxsipWZ92E75y28xSYOZq5G97Hsh%2BxdgNA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-CNlpaSYg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134594538284?hash=item1f5675ab2c:g:bAgAAOSwIsJkeMAX&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwG6cByynaCf8SVitzYdhKXFJTw8IT%2BtF5pcvijltufc%2B%2Bh0w8vqDc8%2FHQe46DtP1ezts8v9ADMZEVKrEbbxGfPgGBVcApKWJfwiWvqep3QD4GteOIpaiEyxXajlVXM81i8WPnrjBnMzmkAcybBS5MVoZKcBNXUmCeKqUnxvxlHtCGbsuugm2FqAfdEfjkTn3v6oeAS%2FxZuMoRFyBk0I4Dia%2BZW4vHOa71hfHqlz0UqwA0RCkHunGuxTijI8Kv21woQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-CNlpaSYg

Chris
the_boss81

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
after about 2 weeks with Pa5X, the only thing that bothers me at the moment is that when I play a style or song and load another one from Song book or Song list to the second player, the vocal preset is also loaded immediately - it would be better if it was only seen when the currently playing one ends for the first time or when the next one is started.... Is there any way to adjust it? Will it come with a new OS? In general, I am really very satisfied with Pa5x. Smile
AdamWhittle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject: Im still here don't worry! Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
I know Adam has just left the Korg U.K. Group so you won't be seeing him on the Crowdcast videos anymore

If Adam has left of his own accord? and I incude my own thoughts from the few discussions we had (in person/over the phone) regarding PA5X, then this makes me a little nervous for the long term when considering someone in Adam's position who would have a coal face perspective of Korg and specifically PA5X...

Nice chap, a loss for Korg Uk.

Im still here don't worry! I have taken up a new position opening a brand new Keyboard and piano department for Scan Pro Audio in Bolton (UK) we stock Korg, Yamaha and the new Ketron Event and I am busy creating lots of content as we speak! I still gig with my Pa5X and will still be at all the major keyboard festivals selling Korg!
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
If by “pulling the trigger” you mean taking the pa5x out in your backyard and shooting it to pieces, then yes I would highly recommend.

The 5x most definitely holds the record for the worst arranger release that I know of. Korg Italy should be ashamed of this flop.

Well, I must agree on that!
I have never ever experienced this kind of problems before.
To much of NOTHING 🫣

It’s like
A bad dream

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: