Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg TR upgrade path help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saig0n

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Korg TR upgrade path help... Reply with quote

Hey folks. I've seriously tried to find answers to this, but I can never find exactly what I'm looking for...

Several years ago I bought a used TR and I frikkin love it. It does exactly what I need. I have since bought two more including an 88-key version (I would love to find a TR76, but no luck yet).

The 8-part split is huge as I often run 6-7 splits over two controllers while simultaneously running a drum loop or sequence. However I do sometimes run out of voices with only 64 on the TRs and I'd also like to update the patches to newer and better pianos, organs, synths etc. More insert effects would be useful too. I'd also like to be able to edit more quickly on PC (Korg has no software for the TR).

So, what would be a good upgrade for me? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Korg product - just a more recent workstation (not current) with 8+ multi-timbral, 128+ voices, with a big library of great natural and synth patches. I wouldn't mind if it was a rack mount unit either. Any ideas.

I know some peeps may just say go to VSTs and Mainstage etc, but I just don't feel ready to mess around with that tech yet. I just want a solid workstation that does everything I need but with more power and better sounds that I can find used for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cheers,
Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: