Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What got you hooked? Why sound synthesis?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked? Why sound synthesis? Reply with quote

The year, 1977, growing up in a household of mostly classical music, my dad bought me a compilation album of Bach which has a track by the Moog composer, Wendy Carlos. This along with a 45rpm of Universal Energy opened my eyes to the often quirky and yet dreamy music from another world, expanding into our modern renditions. Many more artist such as Tomita, JMJ, Laurie Anderson, Kraftwerk and harder edged convention breakers such as Throbbing Gristle, Chris&Cosey along with many many more have always and continue to inspire.

Here is a youtube link to a remastered edition of Universal Energy and also a Carlos on BBC segment which is delicious!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHTjBVFSD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsW2EDGbDqg

PEACE
_
_
_
Deniće033

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject: Smokey Jam Reply with quote

My cousin has a group Smokey Jam. They used a lot of synthesizers in their music. When I was growing up the older synthesizers just seemed so awesome. I took piano lessons back in the 1970s-1980s. Now I just want something that occupies my time on a rainy day.
I bought the Korg Kross2 and before I knew it I had been playing it for around 4 hours on the first day I had it. It is so much joy and peacefulness playing the different sounds on it.
Also music increases brain activity. I need all the added brain activity that I can get.😊
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vangelis, the Chariots of Fire album, in particular the Five Circles track.

That was my introduction to a whole new world of what might be possible, even beyond the synthesised sounds of the '60s and '70s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: