Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where the heck is the Wavestate SE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike3000

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:22 am    Post subject: Where the heck is the Wavestate SE? Reply with quote

Any word on the Wavestate SE? It’s been over two years since Korg announced it and they have been suspiciously silent since. I wonder if they’ve dumped it. It would be such a shame if they’ve canned it as it showed such promise. A synth as deep and complex as the Wavestate should have 61 keys IMO, just like the original, less complex, Wavestation.
Acheron

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People were asking about it at Superbooth. The Korg reps who were there mentioned it was coming later this year. Since this information was second hand I do not know how reliable it is. When I heard about it, I decided to give up my search for a used Wavestation / Wavestation EX.

Gear: Korg Wavestate SE as the master controller, Korg Wavestate mk I, Korg Modwave, Korg Wavestation SR and Korg Volca Drum.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up waiting for it, and TBH the Wavestate native VSTs (and MODWAVE native) integrated into my rig is now much more suitable to my needs.

This rig includes quite a few quality keyboards with plenty of controllers, and I have always played the hardware wavestate from these and I really do not have room for another keyboard now - the Wavestate got displaced from my "fun corner" with a Hydrasynth Deluxe, so whilst I have not tried it yet, I am intrigued as to what Poly AT can do with the Wavestate!

I prefer the Native versions now, as I can layer multiple Wavestate/MODWAVE instances, play from any keyboard (inc the Hydrasynth), and sample management is superior to the hardware versions.

So I have lost interest in the SE. Two years ago, I would have gone for one, but not now.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Acheron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where the heck is the Wavestate SE? Reply with quote

mike3000 wrote:
Any word on the Wavestate SE? It’s been over two years since Korg announced it and they have been suspiciously silent since. I wonder if they’ve dumped it. It would be such a shame if they’ve canned it as it showed such promise. A synth as deep and complex as the Wavestate should have 61 keys IMO, just like the original, less complex, Wavestation.

Wavestate SE is going into a limited production run very soon! Estimated price is around 2,000 US Dollars.

Gear: Korg Wavestate SE as the master controller, Korg Wavestate mk I, Korg Modwave, Korg Wavestation SR and Korg Volca Drum.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject: Where the heck is the Wavestate SE? ... It's here Reply with quote

The Wavestate SE has finally been announced officially:

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/synthesizers/wavestate_se/

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/synthesizers/wavestate_se_platinum/

Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, but a little too late for me. When it was announced I would have traded my wavestate up in an instant, but now the native version works best for me.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestate SE comes with aftertouch, plus there's a dedicated hard case thrown in. The 61 keys with aftertouch make it quite a tempting proposition for putting up evolving drone-type washes, held with a separate sustain pedal, whilst using the synth arsenal for layering the other parts over this.

Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but the space I had the Wavestate in is now taken up by a Hydrasynth Deluxe.

Immediately around me I have five keyboards (two 76 key, three 61 key, all with quality keybeds with AT - poly AT in the case of the Hydrasynth) and no room for others unless I sell one of the five.

The SE looks nice form factor wise and a good choice if you are in the markert for a five octave keybed as well, but they do not seem to be taking advantage of the extra space to provide a different GUI, which i think is a missed opportunity, but then I guess Korg would point to the librarian/editor and that GUI.

So the Wavestate native now suits me best and I can play from any of those keyboards

When I play live I have a NUC PC in my gig rack running Cantabile acting as a MIDI processor (all keyboards are star connected to it in both directions) and VST host. So that allows me to decide in each song what keyboard(s) (including part zones) I play the Wavestate native from, and in some songs I have multiple Wavestate instances or pair with other VSTs (Falcon and Modwave are sublime combinations with the Wavestate).

I am running Mulab VST inside Cantabile which gives me ableton like sequencing for holding those notes with different scenes for different notes/chords! Or I can use my Roland FC300 MIDI foot controller to send sustain as needed.

From what I can glean there is no difference between Wavestate MK1, MK2 and SE tech wise other than max polyphony and storage? And of course the SE gives you the larger form factor and keybed.

Don't get me wrong, the SE looks a fantastic piece of kit, but my GAS for it that I had two years ago has passed when considering the above. But I think Korg are targeting the market very smartly:

• Wavestate Native
  • Wavestate MK1/MK2
  • Wavestate SE

Which means there is a Wavestate for everybody. Smile

It would be good if the reworked patches get issued for the Native version.

My Echoes Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: