Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set volume for favorites?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kukulkan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Set volume for favorites? Reply with quote

Hi. I play in a band and use the Kross 2 as second keyboard to extend the number of "quick access" presets in a song.

I placed around 15 programs and some user combis as favorites to quickly switch between song setups. Sadly, many programs and combis are not the same or adequate volume and I'm looking for a quick way to reduce or increase the volume of a favorite during band practice. So I'm prepared for the gig.

I found some control settings for the favorites (eg MIDI Bank select and program change LSB/MSB). But there is no option to adapt the volume or maybe the attack and release?

Until now I only found a way by copying a program to a user program and then adjust the program volume. The same for combis. But this is a lot of work and cannot be done quickly while practicing. It takes to much time and also, if I want to have the same program in different volumes, I need to copy it twice. This is annoying.

Is there really no other option to weight volumes as editing all programs and combis all the time?

And no, using the volume knob is not a suitable option Wink
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

AFAIK, there is no other way than the one you describe...

In Combi mode, there is the function hold balance. When checked, adjusting any timbre’s volume setting, will change the other timbre volume settings as well to maintain the balance.
This is convenient when you want to adjust the overall volume, without tweaking every timbre itself.

But this is still not an easy solution for having the same program at different volumes.

Bye
Kukulkan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OpAmp. Yesterday I decided to give up my Kross and use some cheap MIDI keyboard to play the extra sounds via MIDI from my Roland Juno. Too bad, I really wanted the brilliant sounding tones from the Korg, but the GUI is too slow and complicated. Interestingly, my old Korg TR-76 had a similar display, but it was faster and much easier to work with. So Korg is taking a step backwards rather than a step forward in terms of GUI and usability... Sad
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kukulkan wrote:
Thanks OpAmp. Yesterday I decided to give up my Kross and use some cheap MIDI keyboard to play the extra sounds via MIDI from my Roland Juno. Too bad, I really wanted the brilliant sounding tones from the Korg, but the GUI is too slow and complicated. Interestingly, my old Korg TR-76 had a similar display, but it was faster and much easier to work with. So Korg is taking a step backwards rather than a step forward in terms of GUI and usability... Sad

TR76 was better than Kross in having aftertouch, assignable outs, available user sample memory (for keyboard-playable samples), and for simply being available in 76 keys. Kross has its own advantages of course, but in some ways it is indeed a step backwards. TR76 is one of the best lightweight performing boards Korg ever made.
Kukulkan

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Quote:
TR76 is one of the best lightweight performing boards Korg ever made.

I fully agree. Sadly, I get dropouts in my TR76 and can no longer rely on that keyboard. So sad...

I replaced it with a Roland Juno DS 76 because all the new Korg devices have so bad startup times. Way to long for me (Krome EX with > 1 Minute and Nautilus > 2 Minutes). Everything above 30 seconds I do not accept. The Roland Juno needs around 7 seconds to start and the Kross 2 needs more but still acceptable. But all the others were way to slow for me...

Now Kross 2 was also removed from my setup because of basic functionality I miss and its really bad usability (at least for my needs, maybe others like this device for their needs).

So sad. The era of Korg now ends for me... It was a nice one but recent products seem always behind for 10 years or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: