Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SO how do I Make Money From my Songs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: SO how do I Make Money From my Songs? Reply with quote

I've had over 4,500 plays on Soundcloud for all my various songs and it occurs to me that maybe, just maybe I might make some money from people listening to my songs.

The first question is, do any of you do this?

The second question is how do you do it? As in which distribution company do you use? for example, CD Baby? Tunecore, Ditto?

I know there are a bunch of them. I'm just trying to see which is the best for me. I've done a fair bit of research and I'm undecided. Some of them appear to have hidden fees. I do know that nobody does this for free but I'm trying to find the most efficient one. Let's just say the best for my money.

If any of you have had any experiences with any of these companies I'd really like to hear from you.

Thanks! Jeremykeys.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Korgdude123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, cool! 4,500 hundred listens sounds like a lot. I'm dabbling in CD baby so I'll let you know how it goes.

www.PureRelaxingMusic.com

Take a few minutes out of your busy day and give yourself the "You-Time" you deserve.

and hear the brand new track "A Journey Through C" recorded using only the notes of the C major Chord at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn9dD5L47A
The Hiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're planning on releasing music frequently, you may want to give Distrokid a look, especially if you're doing cover songs of any sort.

I did have a positive experience with CDbaby with my last band, too, though. It's been a long time since I've looked into the particulars of it, though.
AvisFriso

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to make them on youtube.
JasonGraham

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earning money by making music is very hard when you are not known. Now there are a lot of ways to promote your music. You could post ads on Facebook or on some Instagram pages for twenty-four hours. If you don't have the money for advertising, you could use some apps or games to get a small amount of money. I used to play these games and earn around twenty dollars a week, by playing them in my free time. It is a small amount of money but I think it will be enough for some ads.
WandaColebo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jeremykeys Listening to music is just like any other business, and it also needs marketing. But this business has its specifics: music cannot be touched or used in the usual sense of the word. The benefit to the client of music is in emotions and impressions, so the promotion of musicians is built on certain principles. I have been in this business for a long time, and I sell music promotion services to everyone. It is a very profitable business, but also has a lot of competitors. I even dealt with some of the world's stars, and they were satisfied. So if you want to start then write me and we can start our collaboration! Don't waste your time, and you'll find out what success is!
ianmilld

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many artists there are today is a bit difficult to promote your music and make yourself known. You have to have some money to make yourself known through other artists, to hire someone to promote you on Social Media. I'm just a consumer of quality music, and I listen to most of it on https://flowlez.com/en/ when I'm on my way to work or having a relaxing day. I would be curious to know what kind of music you create, and if you can attach a link here, I want to support you. Also, don't hesitate to post your music on Youtube.
oxsamrion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Use boomplay you can earn money and youtube Reply with quote

i f you want to earn money you needed to sell your songs as album to boomplay ithink can help you to earn money
neelyang77

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find yourself struggling, don't hesitate to seek and need help with math homework. Educational platforms and tutors are readily available to provide personalized guidance, ensuring you understand the concepts thoroughly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: