Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memory setting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alzy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: memory setting Reply with quote

as I am arranging my styles , i turn of the protection for the memory , change the drum setting , save the complete style .. first i will open a different style then go back to the style i made changes to but when i press play they are not saved ??? was is the memory not saving this ???
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject: Changed drumkits not found / not saved Reply with quote

Alzy wrote:
as I am arranging my styles , i turn of the protection for the memory , change the drum setting , save the complete style .. first i will open a different style then go back to the style i made changes to but when i press play they are not saved ??? was is the memory not saving this ???

With the Pa3x changes to sounds can be reliably saved if the procedures are followed correctly.
Your question contains too little information for a satisfactory answer.
Is it a factory style or a user style?
Is the change in sound/drum kit intended to be implemented as a style setting or in the style record?
What kind of protection did you turn off?

If you meant you turn off the "Factory Style and Pad Protect" that is ok, if you want to change the sound / drumset of a factory styles track.
To make the Sound assignment to the Style tracks effective, be sure the “Original Style Sounds” parameter is not checked.
After you have changed the sound/drumset of a styles track, touch the page menu icon to open the menu, touch the command "Write Current Style Settings".
Save the Style Settings by selection of “Write Current Style Settings” to write changes and touch OK to confirm.
When done turn ON "Factory Style and Pad Protect", to protect Factory Styles from being overwritten when loading data from a device.

If you want to change the sound/drumset of a User-Styles track it is not necessary to unprotect/protect "Factory Style and Pad Protect".
Otherwise it's the same as with the factory styles - change settings (sounds / drumkits) of User-Styles and "Write Current Style Settings".
So far it has been described above how to change the style settings which are saved separately from the midi events of a style.
On the Pa3x a style also has two style settings - one saved with the "Original Style sounds" and the second with an individually assigned soundset. To play with the desired soundset it is selected for use by checking that marker in the Style Tracks view page.

Maybe you saved the style with marked "Original Style sounds" - style settings are reliably saved with the changes made and "Original Style Sound" is unmarked.
In contrast to the storage of style settings as described above, the sounds and drum sets can also be changed with the style record.
The sounds / drum sets assigned to the tracks of the style elements are then saved when the recording is completed with "Write Style".

Here you can save the recorded or edited Style to memory, by choosing either a User or Favorite Style bank.
However, you can overwrite a Factory Styles, when the “Factory Style and Pad Protect” parameter is left unchecked.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Alzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: