Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Capacity For Sound Libraries..? Please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: More Capacity For Sound Libraries..? Please! Reply with quote

OK after we updated the OS for the Nautilus 8 ) I can see multiple User Banks which well is rather obvious to see. However, why have these banks there but not have the capacity... SO perhaps KORG has some treats up the sleeve that the agents for KORG will make available in the near future...
I already have three sound libraries but I am not too thrilled in what I am used to doing with having to with sacrifice sound libraries for other sounds or finding out that sound locations are not from the sound library. Now with the vast available sounds already in the Nautilus right out the box I do not find myself scrambling to find another sound that I had to remove from Bank t which I had the Best of Triton there now it is Dynasaur 2. There is another SL but I cannot load it unless I remove another.

I would like to have even more of a massive total for sounds not uninstalling just to install

and goodness almighty please release a VST version of the Trinity. Wink
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that you have no open banks? You likely need to install the libraries in alternate banks rather than the default, else you may need to use a utility like PCG Tools to move and consolidate some of your Programs and Combi’s.
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:51 pm    Post subject: No My Fellow Korg Commander Reply with quote

i’d like to have more capacity to load at least three or more sound libraries N Ex Library I have two loaded now so that leaves me with no more room unless i uninstall another Nautilus EXs i want a large array of sounds
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three elements of ‘capacity’ - memory (RAM), disk space, and Program/Combi bank slots. So far it is unclear to me which of these you wish to address. There are means to address all of them in one manner or another, but we need to be clear on which issue you’re encountering.
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:34 am    Post subject: not enough RAM Reply with quote

i am referring to the RAM for there sure isn’t enough for at least three sound libraries

EXs
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as it is a 32 bit OS that is a challenge with a finite limit. There’s a couple of tricks which can help get around the physical limitation.

Have you stripped out extraneous entries in your default KSC file? That is likely a good place to start… if you don’t use many(any) drums, for instance, they can be removed freeing up significant RAM. There’s a good page discussing this - I’ll dig up a link if you need it.

You may also want/need to have a few KSC files defined which can be loaded and unloaded at will, depending on what your objectives are. It’s not ideal as having unlimited libraries pre-loaded, but it isn’t all that cumbersome
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you are not using Virtual Streaming, which only uses approximately 10% of the sample library size in RAM (depending on the library complexity). In other words, 2 gigs of RAM should yield 20 gigs, or more, of streaming samples. Your 3rd gig of RAM is for the OS, Base ROM, and software synths, etc. I'm on the Kronos, but it should be very similar.

On your GLOBAL - KSC-Autoload page, you should set your LOAD SETTINGS to VIRTUAL, like they are on the right side of the screen. Notice the difference between RAM SIZE streaming, and the DISK SIZE of the library.

You should be able to stream your 3 libraries, plus more. Currently, I have 37 EXs and sample libraries, plus ROM samples, that stream simultaneously. If I go to a program's OSC/PITCH page, these are the libraries I have loaded:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: