Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotary speed when loading organ patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emeryj79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject: Rotary speed when loading organ patches Reply with quote

Does anyone know a way to save a prog or combi with an organ patch to load with the rotary speaker on fast? I've tried saving the patch with it set on fast, but it always loads set on slow. I use the setlist function and tried saving the setlist while the patch was loaded and on fast, but same outcome.

Has anyone run into this or know a workaround?
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the engine, you need to go into the effect to set the value, then save the Program. If you are working on a Combi, you’ll need to set and save the control in the associated Program.
emeryj79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
Depending on the engine, you need to go into the effect to set the value, then save the Program. If you are working on a Combi, you’ll need to set and save the control in the associated Program.

Thanks for your help! Can you be a little bit more specific? It's a CX-3 organ and the rotary speaker function is built into the patch... not an IFX. I tried turning the speed to fast (using the JS+Y) and saved the program. But as soon as it's done saving, the speed reverts to slow and does the same anytime I try to load the program. Any ideas or am I in the wrong area?

Should I try assigning it to a switch and saving the program with the switch on instead?
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. To be clear, it’s still an ‘effect’, but as you noted it isn’t an Insert Effect (IFX).

Again to be clear, this is merely a CX-3 Program you’re working with? If so, you will see the image of the Leslie cabinet on the main page - you can tap that image to take you directly into the pages containing the speaker attributes.

For instance, with the Foreplay/Long Time Organ program, once you tap the speaker image you land in the EXi 1 Basic page. Tap the Amp/VC/Rotary SP tab.

In the upper right section, the Speed SW value controls the startup mode - toggle the value to Fast and save the program (Rec/Write) and the startup behavior will be fast instead of slow. Be sure to save the PCG once you’ve made and saved the change.
emeryj79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I was looking for. I knew there was a way! Thank you so much!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: