Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hi to everyone Smile .
I am still waiting for the NEXT UPDATE of Korg PA 1000/700 models ...
Make Music !!!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read through all of the posts in this thread, including my own.

My main question is: what EXACTLY do we want in the 'Next' type OS upgrade?

I know that some users are pretty specific in their desires (siebenhirter) and I am not sure that there are enough 'wants' to warrant an OS upgrade.

I could think of a few, but I am not sure what Korg would need to do in order to make the changes happen. Is it just software, or would it mean a change to hardware as well?

Siebenhirter has been complaining for some time about a certain feature that is lacking on current models, and I also know that many of us would like the option to make WAV files instead of just MP3 files from the keyboards.

Overall, I am still happy with my unit. I still get more work done on my PA700 than with ANY other workstation/arranger that I have had. With that said, there are some upgrades I would like to see. If Korg did provide these upgrades for the PA700/PA1000, it would add features that even the PA4X does not have. Maybe that is why so many are screaming for a new flagship...

More insert EFX would be neat. Siebenhirter's request, while I do not quite understand it, may be valid and worthy of an upgrade. I would like to be able to change the screen colors, but that is a trivial request, at best...

I wonder if we are being unrealistic in our desires for our machines... I also wonder if we users fully understand our machines enough to have exhausted all of the features thus far... I know that I have not, and I do consider myself a 'power user'.

To simply claim that we are due an update, based on the age of the machine and what other companies are doing, is not sufficient, at least to me, to warrant Korg to do an upgrade. These machines are highly usable and last for a very long time.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
My main question is: what EXACTLY do we want in the 'Next' type OS upgrade?

I can’t say what wants others , but can say for what I expect from NEXT update .
I want to can load PA4X sets to my PA1000 ... now it is impossible ... this is for me major problem ...
Make Music !!!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: "Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ...." Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
.. I know that some users are pretty specific in their desires and I am not sure that there are enough 'wants' to warrant an OS upgrade..

No special "wants" - it would be enough to restore the forgotten functionality in the midrange series as we had before down to the entry-level models.

Pa1000 / 700 came with lost arranger features we had with previous series (Midrange and Beginners like Pa800/500):
Velocity-to-StylePreferences reduced to Globals (no indiv Velo-to-Fill pro STS)
Style-to-KbdSet (former Single-Touch) reduced to Style-Mode (now unsuitable for songbook)
Update LockStyle made only for Pa4x (to compensate a bit the StyleToKbdSets disfunction)
Fill-Mode-to-Var missing (Update for Pa4x only)
Fill-Buttons missing (no Update made with AssignButtons)
Maybe those realtime facilities are odd for someone or never had thought about using them is another thing. They were there for so many years in PaSeries for demanding and advanced real time performers !
Musicwithharry wrote:
..To simply claim that we are due an update, based on the age of the machine .. is not sufficient to warrant Korg to do an upgrade. ..

Claims exist since first time because of missing functionality and an update is more than overdue. Although it took a little long with Pa4x as well, but an Update was was submitted at least.
It is not the age of the machine - if you do not believe, read postings from the early 2018 and before --> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114868.

Without updates complained since three years the Pa1000 remains a stripped version of a keyboard with less functional diversity than the previous entry-level models!

If Korg continues to neglect the product maintenance of the functionality in the midrange area so badly, it is to be feared that this will also continue with future models.

PS: if you read also posts in this thread some days older than yesterday, I think your question "what exactly do we want in Next-OS upgrade" will be answered many times.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ...." Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
.. I know that some users are pretty specific in their desires and I am not sure that there are enough 'wants' to warrant an OS upgrade..

No special "wants" - it would be enough to restore the forgotten functionality in the midrange series as we had before down to the entry-level models.

Pa1000 / 700 came with lost arranger features we had with previous series (Midrange and Beginners like Pa800/500):
Velocity-to-StylePreferences reduced to Globals (no indiv Velo-to-Fill pro STS)
Style-to-KbdSet (former Single-Touch) reduced to Style-Mode (now unsuitable for songbook)
Update LockStyle made only for Pa4x (to compensate a bit the StyleToKbdSets disfunction)
Fill-Mode-to-Var missing (Update for Pa4x only)
Fill-Buttons missing (no Update made with AssignButtons)
Maybe those realtime facilities are odd for someone or never had thought about using them is another thing. They were there for so many years in PaSeries for demanding and advanced real time performers !
Musicwithharry wrote:
..To simply claim that we are due an update, based on the age of the machine .. is not sufficient to warrant Korg to do an upgrade. ..

Claims exist since first time because of missing functionality and an update is more than overdue. Although it took a little long with Pa4x as well, but an Update was was submitted at least.
It is not the age of the machine - if you do not believe, read postings from the early 2018 and before --> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114868.

Without updates complained since three years the Pa1000 remains a stripped version of a keyboard with less functional diversity than the previous entry-level models!

If Korg continues to neglect the product maintenance of the functionality in the midrange area so badly, it is to be feared that this will also continue with future models.

PS: if you read also posts in this thread some days older than yesterday, I think your question "what exactly do we want in Next-OS upgrade" will be answered many times.

I DID read the posts beyond yesterday, If you read my first sentence, you would know that I said that I read the entire thread, including my own posts.

My comment is really to say that maybe we need to truly qualify our 'wants' as necessary upgrades that warrant an OS upgrade. It seems like that sometimes, we have unrealistic expectations with regard to feature enhancements on different products. I also think that sometimes, we arbitrarily decide that just because another model got an upgrade that the other models need an upgrade too.

I am not discounting what others feel that they would want, but if we kept in mind the model we actually HAVE, we may find that what we want would require a major rewrite and maybe that would make it so that the product would not be affordable anymore in the bracket that it currently sits.

Please keep in mind that I say this an a owner of the PA700. Some of the features that I would like to see it have may put it in the PA1000 price category and thus, not suitable for the 'entry level' machine that the PA700 really is.

To be honest, I am not sure that I exactly understand what your request is with your StyletoKbd thingy anyway. I guess that I do not experience the problems you are having. In all of the explanations you have given, I still do not understand what problem you are having.

I also do not really have the experience with the previous models, as I only had the PA500 for a short time and never really got into it. It was the PA700 that I really dug into and is what I know. I considered the PA1000, but did not need the harmony features and the other features did not warrant the extra time to wait for the unit, nor the price.

My PA700 is hitting well above its feature set and price point, in my opinion. There are things that I would like to see, but I have to keep in mind that what I am asking for may be out of what Korg originally designed it to do.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ...." Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
... do not really have the experience with the previous models ... did not need the harmony features and the other features ...may be out of what Korg originally designed it to do...

The middle class of the last series was delivered with a limited range of functions, so these are stripped versions with less functional diversity than the previous entry-level models - and that really was not out of what Korg originally designed it to do!

If you neither have experience with the previous models nor need most of that relevant features, therefore you won't either understand requests like with StyletoKbd, even if there was extensive information about it in numerous postings.

Some of th lost arranger features that Pa1000 / 700 came with, but we had with previous series was posted previously.

So I think we need not separately qualify our 'wants' as necessary upgrades. Functionality is simply to adjust with an update to a much higher level like we already had before.

Musicwithharry wrote:
]... we need to truly qualify our 'wants' as necessary upgrades that warrant an OS upgrade .. ... may be out of what Korg originally designed it to do...

It is not the "wants" either, but the "forgotten" has been known and deposited at Korg for years - it is only the update that is still pending for midrange serie and of what Korg originally designed arrangers it to do - but without limited functions we have in the meantime.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I have not tried this yet, but am looking into connecting Pa1000 to Korg nano midi board. The bigger brother got the Next update and received " connect to small keyboards, mixing surfaces, percussive pads – the full catalogue of our KORG nano series of controllers! Just connect them to the USB HOST port, choose the dedicated MIDI Preset, and you are ready to go with a pad controller, second keyboard or remote control of the sound"

I have always been advised that midi connections or using the MOTL Arranger was not so great in this area as a midi controller itself. As I said I have not yet tried it for software or with the newer Korg Nano Controllers. This would be a big plus for a NEXT update inclusion.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tassiespirit wrote:
Unfortunately, I have not tried this yet, but am looking into connecting Pa1000 to Korg nano midi board. The bigger brother got the Next update and received " connect to small keyboards, mixing surfaces, percussive pads – the full catalogue of our KORG nano series of controllers! Just connect them to the USB HOST port, choose the dedicated MIDI Preset, and you are ready to go with a pad controller, second keyboard or remote control of the sound"

I have always been advised that midi connections or using the MOTL Arranger was not so great in this area as a midi controller itself. As I said I have not yet tried it for software or with the newer Korg Nano Controllers. This would be a big plus for a NEXT update inclusion.

Korg UK are brilliant.

The staff there have started a Facebook Group and even better have a monthly live and fully interactive Webinar where they discuss and offer advice on using different PA features. Goggle Korg Crowdcast to find the webside.

Why I am saying this is that if you join the webinar users you can ask questions and make suggestions on topics for them to cover. Hence make the suggestion about what you want to achieve and maybe they will take it up.

There are over 20 one hour prior webinars that are available to view.

A goldmine of how to info os contained within the episodes
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Update for Pa1000 Reply with quote

tassiespirit wrote:
.. looking into connecting Pa1000 to Korg nano midi board .. I have not yet tried it for software or with the newer Korg Nano Controllers. This would be a big plus for a NEXT update inclusion.

This really is not a big plus for an update, because this is already existing in Pa1000 since OS 1.3 in the same design as Pa4x added MIDI Presets to connect external devices with OS version 3.0.

Simply connect your nano and use the MIDI Presets as described in manual and without having to wait for a webinar.

Piotr1967

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been two years and still the PA700 and 1000 have not lived to see the NEXT-OS update. I am slowly losing hope... Sad
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they want us all to upgrade to Pa5x Smile
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly the Pa5x / Pa4x is out of the budget for a lot of people, so have to settle for the entry / mid range.

I can imagine it being a huge coding task adapting the os next for the Pa1000 and Pa700 or what ever update we may or may not be graced with.

And increase in sample space as they did with the Pa4x would also be helpful.
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
And increase in sample space as they did with the Pa4x would also be helpful.

Above all, that's the point
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely, they'd bring out a new pared down 5x rather than bother with OS updates to old mid-range keyboards.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surely, they'd bring out a new pared down 5x rather than bother with OS updates to old mid-range keyboards

Agree - can't imagine Korg will invest any more time in any arrangers other than the PA5x - this must be taking up all their time right now.
I would however love to be proven wrong!!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: