Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Pa1x sounds/styles on Pa2x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smooveface

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject: Loading Pa1x sounds/styles on Pa2x Reply with quote

I would like to load factory preset sounds/styles from the Pa1x Pro to my newly acquired Pa2x Pro, but am not really clear on the the process. Also, I hoping someone can point me to where I can even find the factory sounds/styles for the Pa1x Pro.

Here's a link to the Music resource (BKP) files for the Pa1X Pro I was able to find from this forum.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/184/2494/

Would this file contain those presets?

If so, what would be the process for loading them into the Pa2x?

Thanks in advance
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Loading Pa1x sounds/styles on Pa2x Reply with quote

smooveface wrote:
..... I would like to load factory preset sounds / styles from the Pa1x Pro to my newly acquired Pa2x Pro, but am not really clear on the the process. ... I hoping someone can point me to where I can even find the factory sounds/styles for the Pa1x Pro ...

I have archived styles from Korg arrangers - including the factory styles from Pa1x - and will send them to you if you give me an email address in the meantime.

smooveface wrote:
.....Here's a link to the Music resource (BKP) files for the Pa1X Pro I was able to find ..... Would this file contain those presets? If so, what would be the process for loading them into the Pa2x? ....

At that adress you can find “Pa1X_res_v[nnn]_hd.zip” to upgrade Pa1X’s Musical Resources. Its unzipped file PA1X_[nnn].BKP is for installing Musical Resources on the Pa1X, but is not for loading into Pa2x.

PKG and BKP files are for installing system and resources to Pa1x, but user data from Pa1x the Pa2x can load like its own user data. There are only slight deviations in certain effect parameters and the Pa2X only provides 3 harmony voices (the Pa1X has four) - several other parameters of the voice processor are also missing.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: