Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa700 Touchscreen hard problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albertano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa700 Touchscreen hard problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am the owner of a Korg PA700 arranger, whose acquisition was motivated by the very pleasant experience of playing my music on a PA300 from 2016 to 2020, which unfortunately I had to sell to acquire the PA700. Subsequently the PA700 began to show erratic behavior on the touchscreen, suddenly changing the execution settings and blocking areas of the screen rendering them unresponsive.

After much research on this problem and visiting the service center twice, unfortunately I realize that there are many PA700 arrangers that show this problem with the Touchscreen and that even the Korg service centers in different countries do not have a satisfactory solution since many users report having changed power supply, touchscreen and even motherboard, also going through recalibration procedures, operating system and other software recipes, and still the problem continues such as the case of mine.

I want to make a respectful appeal to Korg to help us solve this important problem that many Korg PA700 owners have. Even with a device out of warranty, I think that Korg can do a lot for us if they gives us the indications for a correct solution to the problem. I honestly think that the problem has not been properly documented and therefore the service centers do not have a proper solution for this problem.

I'm not asking you to give us a free solution, but one that allows us to preserve this wonderful and incomparable musical gem.

Kind regards
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry Albertano but you have more chance of going to the moon than Korg helping you. Four arrangers, three of which are obsolete and one that does not work.

Best to move to Yamaha or someone else now Albertano if you want to enjoy your music for the next few years. Sorry.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Albertano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Pa700 Touchscreen not responding Reply with quote

Thanks Taichi.

Unfortunately I think you're right, I've been battling this problem for more than two years.

Regards
AdeG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes have a problem with "ghost touch" on the lower right corner of the screen of my PA700.

Suddenly a screen opens as if I touch MIC/LINE settings from the main screen.

But it is not always the case. Mostly there is no issue. Maybe a problem with static electricity ? (my PA is not grounded).
Albertano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AdeG.

Ghost touch is an excellent description, it seems to me that someone is touching randomly the touchscreen and then suddenly the lower right button of the screen is selected.

First I tried grounding the electric supply, later the technical service changed the power supply and then the Pa700 worked fine for 3 months. Unfortunatelly the problem is back again.

A bad grounding could be the reason for this problem, but in the same line and under the same conditions I have another Yamaha keyboard, a Soundcraft mixer, Cerwin Vega monitors without a problem of static interference in sound reproduction and in general all of my low power electronic equipment.

I'm going to try another perfectly grounded voltage regulator and I'll tell you about the result soon.

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Nick G

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Had this problem with my PA700 and it was an easy fix.
You need to replace the glass digitizer that sticks onto the touch screen. you can buy it from Ebay Here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/155466909678?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=pzl8b3-orqw&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=7R4-Z3zzTeO&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It is not "hard to do" but it can be tedious from memory it took me less than 1 hour overall and requires opening up the keyboard and getting access to the screen so you can remove the old digitizer and replace with the new one.

I use my PA700 daily and have never had any issue again.
Good Luck!
Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: