Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovering a Combi From a Sequencer Song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Recovering a Combi From a Sequencer Song Reply with quote

Recovering a Combi From a Sequencer Song

I made a custom combination a few months ago, saved it to internal memory, but I didn't save a PCG file (ooops). I also made a sequencer song using that combi (with the Enter+Write shortcut) and saved the SNG file to compact flash media.

Silly me, I inadvertently loaded an old PCG file which overwrote and deleted that combi from internal memory. I could load the sequencer song that essentially contained that combi and play with it from sequencer mode - sounded exactly the same as the original combi - same programs, levels, effects, etc. I like the convenience of having this sound as a combi, so I undertook the task of reconstructing the combi using the sequencer song as a reference.

There is unfortunately no command to copy from sequencer song to a new combi (though it could be done - perhaps as a new feature for Nautilus?)

However, there is some help. In combination mode there is a command to copy Insert Effects and Master Effects from a song. The rest of the combi needed to be reconstucted manually, starting with an initialized combi and going back and forth copying parameter values between sequencer mode and combi mode. The keypad is very useful for this!

Starting in combination mode with an initialized combi:
1) Rename and write combi.
2) Select in same order the same programs for combi timbres as in sequencer tracks.
3) Set mixer volume levels and pan settings
4) Set timbre track parameter values (01G MIDI channel for all combi timbres)
5) Set MIDI filter values
6) Set controller values
7) Set zone values
8 ) Set arpeggiator/arpeggios values (if used).
9) From Insert Effects, Insert FX tab, select "Copy Insert Effect" "From: Song"
10) From Master Effects, Master FX tab, select " Copy Master Effect" "From: Song"
11) Write combi
12) Save a new PCG file.

Don't select a different combi from steps 2-10, or you'll lose your edits. It's a good idea to write the combi after each step.

Tedious, yes. But it can be done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: