Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkarmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Drum Set Reply with quote

How do I build my own drum set on the Korg Krome in Global Mode? I want to be able to choose various drums such as snare and toms and be able to assign them to keys in global mode. I did this on my Triton Classic, but it has been decades ago.

Please Help,

Jonathan
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple way could be to copy one existing drum kit in the user field, adjust the drum samples at each notes as you need then make a new program with your Drum Kit. Drum Kit edit mean Fx rout for each element also exclusiv groups for some sample. Is a lot to do so replace the sounds in existing kit using same location could be better.
darkarmy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Still Don't Understand Reply with quote

I still don't remember how to, or even where to build the set. If someone could break it down very simply for me I would appreciate it.
How do I copy a drum set into Global just to get started? After that, how do I go in and change individual drums. For example, I want the kick off of one of the power kits, but want the snare and toms off of a Dry Jazz Kit. I want to assign the drum sounds to my own chosen individual keys, etc.
After I build my own custom set, I want to save it into a song template in the sequencer on tracks 1, 2 and 3. But that is way later after I build my own kit in Global.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry for delay.
Open Global>Page P5 drum Kit. Select the Empty User Drum Kit.
Open Menu bar and Copy Drum Kit from the drum kit you ant to edit. Rename it if you want.
To select the kick press and Keep the ENTER button and strike a C3 Key.
The sample of Kik will be display, in the right side have the square select to ASSIGN. Deselect the square and save the D-Kit.
Replace the sam D-kit in the program and save.

Ask more if still not understand. We could connect on ZOOM to direct you live.

Best,
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: