Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding backing seq record on the Korg PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepak87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Question regarding backing seq record on the Korg PA1000 Reply with quote

I load a particular songbook entry in style mode,
Then I go to the sequencer mode -> press record -> And go into 'backing sequence'.
Then once I finish the recording and press the start/stop button,
The transpose gets reset to 0.

Then if I go back into Record-'Backing seq', the transpose setting has to be put back.
Sometimes I have to re-record 3-4 times or more to get a song right.
So if the transpose is +7 say, I have to manually set it everytime I want to re-record.

Is there a way to lock this setting in backing seq record?
I tried many things but could not figure this out.
Thanks.
deepak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Question regarding backing seq record on the Korg PA1000 Reply with quote

deepak87 wrote:
I load a particular songbook entry in style mode,
Then I go to the sequencer mode -> press record -> And go into 'backing sequence'.
Then once I finish the recording and press the start/stop button,
The transpose gets reset to 0.

Then if I go back into Record-'Backing seq', the transpose setting has to be put back.
Sometimes I have to re-record 3-4 times or more to get a song right.
So if the transpose is +7 say, I have to manually set it everytime I want to re-record.

Is there a way to lock this setting in backing seq record?
I tried many things but could not figure this out.
Thanks.

Wonderful question. I see this problem all the time too. Hope someone can provide a solution to this, please.
And by the way, sir, after you have recorded a backing sequence, what do you do next if you have to edit/tweak it? Do you use any other app or DAW?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Backing seq recording transpose Reply with quote

deepak87 wrote:
.. Is there a way to lock this setting in backing seq record .. .

A workflow for recording with Transpose is relatively cumbersome and should be avoided. This also applies if a song was recorded in a key that you want to play on the keyboard in an easier or different key, or vice versa.

You either record in the original key - then you don't need a transpose - or you record without a master transpose in the easiest key to play. The song is then only to transpose for playback - the simplest way is to save the corresponding songbook entry with transposition.

The global tuning settings of the transposition are decisive here, because in the latter case the transpose parameter "Style and Keyboard Tracks" must be set to OFF and "Player" is to mark (or "Midi In Notes" if playing from an external player).

PS: . The Master Transpose value saved in the SongBook Entry overrides any Master Transpose setting contained in the associated resource.
You can manually change this value by using the TRANSPOSE buttons on the control panel. Any change will only be shown after saving the Entry.

Locking Master Transpose (in Global, General Controls) prevents from changing when choosing a SongBook Entry. It also prevents transposing when loading a Standard MIDI File created by Pa1000 or any instrument of the KORG Pa-Series.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: