Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

talkover to assignable switches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackgorman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: talkover to assignable switches Reply with quote

I'm trying to lock talkover into assignable switch 3 but it dumps when I power off.
AND,
Is it possible to lock the harmony level in so it doesn't revert to 0 when I power off?
Thanks in advance for the help.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: talk over Reply with quote

what I found out is when you start the up the pa1000 ,
the harmony level go to ( 0 ) and the Balance or ASSIGNABLE KNOBS ...
I found out that if you use the ASSIGNABLE KNOBS number 2 and set it to Mic Harmony/ Double level and use a volume foot pedal .. the volume will go to +6db . not good ..
I had to reset all Harmony preset to a negative ( -6 db ) to work right ... you just can't turn dowm the assignable knob down because when you step on the foot pedal it back to +6db

and yes to talkover to assignable switch 3 works ... you need to save it , that way ...
make sure that you (style play ... pads/ assign switches ) is un lock first , and then make you change and then set the lock on ...
it works on my pa1000..

lets us all know if it works ..

Very Happy
jackgorman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: talkover to assignable switches Reply with quote

It worked until I turn the pa1000 off. When I turn it back on the assignable switch returns to 'off'.

Regarding the 'harmony volume' question: I use my footswitch to kick on harmonies and so, haven't used a volume pedal. I'm using the 'FX' knob a lot and am concerned about it's durability.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there not a setting in the Global settings that you can lock the buttons.

You could assign the talk function on the assignable button and then save it to the my settings button. Then each time you turn your Korg press the my settings button and the assignable button should remain the same.
jackgorman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: talkover to assignable switches Reply with quote

Brilliant!!!
Don't know why that wasn't obvious.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if this process works
jackgorman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:50 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:

Yes; it did work. Thank you very much.

I was hoping that I could also lock in the harmony level the same way but it doesn't work the same way. I always back off the harmony by 10 to make it more subtle and I have to remember to adjust it prior to a concert. It would be helpful to have it lock in, in that it is the only setting I use.

Thanks again for the assist with the 'mic talk'

Jack
jackgorman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

jackgorman wrote:
NativeAngels wrote:

Yes; it did work. Thank you very much.

I was hoping that I could also lock in the harmony level the same way but it doesn't work the same way. I always back off the harmony by 10 to make it more subtle and I have to remember to adjust it prior to a concert. It would be helpful to have it lock in, in that it is the only setting I use.

Thanks again for the assist with the 'mic talk'

Jack

Added note: 1st performance using assignable button 3 for mic talk didn’t go well. After about 5th use, everything muted requiring a reboot.
As you know, a reboot on pa1000 causes, what feels like a lifetime, of dead space on stage.
deepak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:

You could assign the talk function on the assignable button and then save it to the my settings button. Then each time you turn your Korg press the my settings button and the assignable button should remain the same.

I want to use assign switch 1,2,3 to mute > Drums, Perc, and Bass respectively. I am able to change them and will work till the PA1000 is restarted. What is the step-by-step procedure? And when I press the button My-setting, nothing happens.
jackgorman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepak wrote:
NativeAngels wrote:

I have not been able to locate such an option.

I want to use assign switch 1,2,3 to mute > Drums, Perc, and Bass respectively. I am able to change them and will work till the PA1000 is restarted. What is the step-by-step procedure? And when I press the button My-setting, nothing happens.

I am also interested in this answer.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject: Global settings (assigned switches etc) Reply with quote

deepak wrote:
.. I want to use assign switch to mute > Drums, Perc, and Bass ..

In menu "AssignSwitches" assigning a function means that can be done in a different way for each Keyboard Set separately.
Therefore the assigned functions are to be saved with a "Write" of a dedicated keyboard set - or in case of "MySetting" with "Write Current Keyboard Set" to MySetting.
If a selected keyboard sets assigned switches are "locked" than all further keyboard sets selected are locked to that assigned switches.
This lock can be unlocked manually (Shift + Assignable Switch , unlock).
If you want to use assign switches to mute > Drums, Perc, and Bass please change them as you mentioned above and dont forget to lock that assigned switches.
Lock can be done in Globals/Lock/Control/AssignableSwitches or with holding "Shift" and pressing one of the assignable switches until window with Lock of assignable switches occurs.
Select this lock and now before you switch off hold "Shift" and press "MySetting" button until message "Write <Current> To MySetting" occurs.
Press "OK" and each next starting automatically will come with settings of "My Setting" with locked assigned switches.

If nothing happens after pressing MySetting button maybeyou did not write MySetting.
Global settings will be changed if the protect parameter in the Global/ModePreferences menu is not checked and setups with global data (others than used) are loaded.

After the Pa1000 can read files of type gbl (global setups) this has the great advantage that a library with different global setups for different situations can be created. Loading such small gbl.files is instantaneous, so there different configurations without annoying reboot is possible.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: