Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg SP170 No sound from speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiori

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Korg SP170 No sound from speakers Reply with quote

So I have had my piano a few months and suddenly the sound has just stopped coming out of the speakers. I think it has something to do with when I removed the headphones as they were working fine before. I can still hear sound through the headphones but the speakers have no response.

I havent dropped/ damaged the piano and the speakers havent been used much anyhow, so im wondering if something got crossed over when I removed the headphones perhaps. Anyone know what I can do?
fiori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still having this problem and I dont really know what to do as I bought it in Japan (where I am currently living) and I can imagine it will be a difficult and confusing trial to get it replaced, but I guess I could try if no other option is available. Embarassed
Angelo67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiori wrote:
I am still having this problem and I dont really know what to do as I bought it in Japan (where I am currently living) and I can imagine it will be a difficult and confusing trial to get it replaced, but I guess I could try if no other option is available. Embarassed

I have exactly the same problem : did you have to send for repair ?
Angelo67

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiori wrote:

It should be the headphone socket, it has been bent or anyway you have a contact so the micro thinks the headphone is still in, you can adjast with pincers from outside if you are skilled or ask someone to do for you, it's very simple,the basic reason for this is that the position for the headphone jack should be on one side or in front, putting on the back is a bad choice, not handy and very easy to damage the headphone plug, which anyway should not be a good component..
leungthomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiori wrote:

I encountered similar problem on my SP170 (speaker worked intermittently, the phone jack 1 is ok).

Originally, I also thought it was the issue of phone jack but I found that they are OK after checking them with multimeter.

I just noted that one of the legs of the capacitor (C23, 10uf 25V) (on the motherboard KLM-2971) turned green (electrolyte leakage) and it is in the circuit used for turning the TPA3101D2PHPR on and off. After replacing the C23 with a new one, it is ok now. I'm very happy with this SP170 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: