Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord triggers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject: Chord triggers Reply with quote

With Mainstage you could select a note on the keyboard and assign however many other notes you needed to form specific chords.

With the Nautilus it seems the only thing I can think of is to create layers to do the same thing. After three or four chords I’d run out of layers in a hurry.

What might be a better approach? Can I say, record it as a sequence and then trigger it with one note in a Combi?

Scratching my head here.
fluna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing is I want to be able to play full chords without using both hands because I need to do other things with the right hand (multiple passages/melodies)

Am thinking maybe tomorrow I’ll try this idea out:

Create combis of combis.

Basically create a Combi that uses a Combi of strings but map four tracks that play a specific root note and chord inversion.

Build maybe four of those with other chords/inversions.

Then create a new Combi that uses those but is triggered by one note.

Is this foolish? Will it eat up a lot of memory?

Each note in this Combi would use four combis but I wouldn’t play more than one note in this context.

Thoughts?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Arpeggiator can play up to 12 tones per step. Might be worth exploring this.

Also, the Korg nanoPAD2 pads can be set up to play up to four notes at a time. The nanoPAD2 might be a useful accessory.

Unfotunately, the code for the Chord Pads feature, present in the Kronos, was not ported across to the Nautilus.

fluna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Arpeggiator can play up to 12 tones per step. Might be worth exploring this.

Also, the Korg nanoPAD2 pads can be set up to play up to four notes at a time. The nanoPAD2 might be a useful accessory.

Unfotunately, the code for the Chord Pads feature, present in the Kronos, was not ported across to the Nautilus.

I considered the arpeggiator but in truth the name suggested to me that the notes won’t play all at once. Can they be made to play all at once? The thing is I can’t form the chord with my hand because they’d require two hands to play and one is already occupied. That’s my situation at the moment.
fluna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

I may look into the nanoPAD for this. I have the nano kontroller but sort of wish there was a gadget that combines the two or that the Nautilus had more than one USB port to accommodate them both. I guess that would be my only gripe about the instrument.

Thanks for the suggestion!
fluna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have hit upon a solution for my particular case and thought I’d share it.

In my case I’m using the Great Strings program. By unmuting OSC1 I can tune the second oscillator to play in a different pitch, thus making the program play a specific interval. I saved each new program as a collection of intervals and that way I save real estate in my combi. Only two tracks make up one chord.

I make those two tracks playable for one note and then adjust pitch accordingly.

IE: G major chord consisting of G4, B5, D5 and G6 would be
Track 1 and Track 2 playable only on G4
(Track 1 plays program set to an interval of 14th
Track 2 plays program set to an interval of a 4th)
Track one set to default pitch of 0
Track two set to pitch +19)

Done. One note plays the full chord using only two tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: