Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Korg Nautilus: How to import wav file to use in combi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject: New to Korg Nautilus: How to import wav file to use in combi Reply with quote

I purchased the 88 key model Nautilus and received it yesterday.

Please note: I am pretty unfamiliar with SAMPLING mode even though I've owned Korgs before.

What I want to do: Use a WAV file that has a specific effect/sound and trigger it within a mapped key in a combi.

What I've done:
Loaded WAV file to thumb drive.
In MEDIA mode went to Save page.
Selected internal drive
In menu, selected the "Save Sampling Data" command
(I set "Include" parameter to "Sampling Mode Data" and I set Samping Mode Data Options to "All" - I also left "Force new UserSample Bank ID" unchecked)

I gave the KSC a name and pressed OK.

This created two files, one with the name and a second one with the string "_UserBank" appended to the name.

I also made sure to specify Auto Load for this particular sample.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to access this from a combi or program. Is the only option to use this in a "song" or from within the context of the sequencer?

What am I missing? I have the feeling it's something obvious/simple.
fluna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Korg Nautilus: How to import wav file to use in c Reply with quote

Actually, never mind. Stumbled onto a video that made me realize what I had to do in a round about way.

Seems like you load the sampled WAV file directly from the USB stick, then you create a new multi-sample. Seems that step is what makes it happen.

Once there, you can load the sample and then you can save it as a program.

Hope this helps anyone else in my predicament.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If saved the KSC on external media is wrong. That is not available if the Media USB is not in the slot. Sampling session must be saved in the internal SSD that seems you did it. The sampling data must have KSC, User_bank and a sound sources which is a folder with same name auto created after saved sampling data. Keep them in the same location. Open Global Autoload and aadd the User_bank in the list. Restart the unit or Do Autoload Now.
Open a HD 1 Init programs, go to OSC Pitch page and select the Multi > your sample collection (on the right side of multi) > your Multisample. Save Program.
Now you can import the programs in a combi.
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s a link to a post I made in the Kronos forum outlining the process to create a Program from a WAV sample:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=120429&highlight=manage+ksc

Once you’ve got the Program you can add it to a Combi. You can decide whether to latch the sample or not, depending whether you want the entire clip to play with a single key press.
fluna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I’m up and running!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: