Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARP hold with sustain pedal in a combination - any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romandesign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:17 am    Post subject: ARP hold with sustain pedal in a combination - any ideas? Reply with quote

I'm using Combinations for performance. I need to trigger an arp in a lower keyboard zone, push damper pedal (sustain) and make it hold, so the arp keeps playing, while I play piano (which also is sustained but without arp). But just enabling damper pedal in MIDI filters isn't working.

Currently, the synth bass that I need the arp on is on channel 4, and that's what the arp is set to output to. But because the sustain is on global channel 1, it doesn't affect the arp - only the piano. But if I set the arp to work on channel 1, then it works on the piano, which I don't need.

Any ideas how to do it? In my previous synth - Roland FA-08, in performances you could just enable sustain on selected channels and it held the arp just fine. Another limitation I found is that arp only works within the key zone. As my keyboard is split, it would be very useful to let it play whatever octaves beyond the zone, but it doesn't do that. If I want a running arpeggiator I have to dedicate a huge part of the keyboard to it, and I don't see another way.

Am I missing something, or are both of those things impossible in a combination?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: