Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Power to my KORG SV-1 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonerSteve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: No Power to my KORG SV-1 88 Reply with quote

I wanted to talk about what is happening with this issue and what I'm doing to resolve it.

I have an SV-1 88 that doesn't work because of a power issue. I've swapped power cables and outlets to ensure it wasn't one of those and the next step was opening it up.

There are two fuses I checked next, one on the board in the middle (easy to see) and one on the power board that can only be seen once it is removed from the frame. Both were intact.

Using a multimeter, it was determined that the power transformer chip (MORNSUN LD01-10B05) is faulty.

I've ordered a new one (about $12) that will have to be soldered onto the power board. On the back of the power board, I noticed some solder spatter, so this board had probably had a problem previously. I hope this fixes the problem.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the repair.

Out of interest, on which board in the SV-1 is the LD01-10B05 located?
sender6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: No Power Reply with quote

I had the same issue with no power on my SV-1. I opened it up to investigate and the same component as LondonerSteve had blown on the power filter circuit board - the Mornsun LD01-10B05 240Vac to 5Vdc converter.
Symptoms of this are no lights on front panel, no sound, no reaction to power switch - dead!
As well as the 2 fuses you mentioned there is a third which sits just in front of the LD01-10B05 and this had blown too. I replaced both components and all is good.
Looking at the circuit, the converter will be powered continuously the whole time that the power lead is connected, regardless of the power-switch. I do leave the SV-1 plugged in but even so, the specification of the LD01-10B05 shows a MTBF (mean time between failure) of 300,000h which is ~34years continuous operation which obviously I'm nowhere near.
I'm in the UK and found the parts in RS:
RS PRO Switching Power Supply, 5V dc, 200mA, 1W, 1 Output
Stock no.:771-9388P
Wickmann Leaded PCB Mount Fuse, Radial 500mA, 250V ac
Stock no.:226-0591
This came to £23 including £7 for delivery
Hope this is of use to somebody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: