Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N364 RAM ROM Battery Memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
68bassman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: N364 RAM ROM Battery Memory Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an N364 in need of battery replacement. My floppy drive in inoperable even after a new belt being installed (still get the "Drive not ready" message) and I am waiting on a floppy emulator currently in transit to me. I am considering doing a MIDI dump, but the N364 manual makes it sound like I can only save the RAM sounds this way and not the ROM sounds. My question is, will I lose the ROM sounds (if not backed up) when I do a battery replacement?

Thanks all,

Todd
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROM = Read Only Memory. You cannot erase or loose this data no matter what state the battery is in. So there is no way and no need to backup this data. It’s always 100% safe and protected. Just so you know, the ROM data in the N364 is the samples / multisamples.

RAM on the other hand, this is basically the contents of your COMBI and PROG banks. This data you do need to make sure you backup. You can do a sysex dump to your computer, or use the floppy emulator you have ordered to do a backup.

Kind regards
Sharp.
68bassman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Sharp.

I will do a MIDI dump and trust that the ROM remains intact in the event of a battery fail/replacement.
i was hoping that that was the case.

Thanks again,

Todd
Rezonate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: Preload in Sysex format Reply with quote

I’m in the same boat, drive died and battery went shortly after. I resoldered the battery but still have the inoperable drive. Does anyone have the preload banks in Sysex format? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: