Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pa5x coming soon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:36 am    Post subject: New pa5x coming soon Reply with quote

I am presently waiting on delivery of my Korg pa5x . Very excited . 2 questions , answers would be sooo helpful . Since I’m waiting on a new shipment to Sweetwater music , does that mean my 5x will have the newest OS??? If not how can I find the page on this site that has all the different & free downloads , styles updates for os . Can’t seem to find it ..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/895/

Also sent PM

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
pa4xfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al,

If you don't mind me asking, When did you place the order with Sweetwater? recently?
Thanks.
al urezzio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:30 am    Post subject: 5x back ordered Reply with quote

I ordered it about a week ago . There were not sure of delivery , the said the earliest mid February.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: 5x back ordered Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
I ordered it about a week ago . There were not sure of delivery , the said the earliest mid February.

Al, received a call from my sales rep at Sweetwater that my ordered PA5x 76 will be shipping today! I have been waiting on my order for several months from them, but it seems that a shipment has finally arrived to to their warehouse. Cool

Not sure if the latest software update is included on these shipped units, but the timing seems to indicate that they may. Regardless, the update can be downloaded and inserted if need be. Eric

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to you receiving your pa5x that fast.
I‘m waiting since ordered at july 2022 and watching to 4 shops here … no sign that i will receive mine next months .., year .., nobody knows still something … maybe never. no plan available.
i know this post dont help … just frustration about the never ending situation here
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: stock Reply with quote

I have been able to supply the 22 pre-orders, I have 2 more to go.

It seems the 76 key is the most popular, I have one on display at my store.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:
congrats to you receiving your pa5x that fast.
I‘m waiting since ordered at july 2022 and watching to 4 shops here … no sign that i will receive mine next months .., year .., nobody knows still something … maybe never. no plan available.
i know this post dont help … just frustration about the never ending situation here

Actually, it has been a 3 month wait. All the time reading positive and negative comments on social media platforms about this new keyboard. The wait period has been difficult, but after analysis my needs for it's use should be adequately satisfied and it will be much better than what I currently use. That being said, the Pa3Xle will remain in the studio just in case. Also, I will wait to sell it (Pa3Xle) until satisfactory solutions to songbook and style creations have been addressed and provided as projected. Hang in there. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been getting them in, in small amounts, my customers have been with me for over 20 years, and they all have been very patient, and I try to reward them with a heavy discount.

As for the negative comments on the unit, they are all based off of the operating system, Korg did release a great hardware piece, and we have to wait for the OS to catch up.

Talking to my inside people at Korg, the PA5x will be everything and more above the PA4x, the down side is the wait for OS updates
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audioworks wrote:

As for the negative comments on the unit, they are all based off of the operating system, Korg did release a great hardware piece, and we have to wait for the OS to catch up.

Talking to my inside people at Korg, the PA5x will be everything and more above the PA4x, the down side is the wait for OS updates

Thank you Frank
Relief to know the complaints are about the operating system and not the hardware. We have had a few members with hardware issues.
I think our biggest gripe is Korg doesn’t keep us informed as to what is going on, possibly keeping you guys in the dark too.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023

Last edited by rikkisbears on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audioworks wrote:
I have been getting them in, in small amounts, my customers have been with me for over 20 years, and they all have been very patient, and I try to reward them with a heavy discount.

Forgive me for taking a somewhat cynical view of this post considering a "Dealers Perspective"...

So perhaps you could pass word to "Your people on the inside at Korg" and ask them to take the Bull by the Horns and rarther than priming the people in the Korg food chain with thinly veiled statements like.."PA5x will be everything and more above the PA4x", and i include here the poor attempt from the damage limitation process seen in the form of the recently released PA5X Road Map Statement with "Subject To Change" after most paragraphs...

So perhaps you could kindly point out that large sections of Korg's long-standing and returning customer base are now considering or in the process of walking away from Korg altogether...

What is required i feel from those that might be considered this line of action (Understandably), is a Missing Comprehensive Public Relations Exercise which has been lacking in substances post the release of PA5X...

I feel this would help many of the unhappy customers who are heavily invested in Korg if we are to withstand, Quote: "the down side is the wait for OS updates"
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Korg is doing this to try to upset people, I think circumstances created this issue, and hopefully, it was not a planned execution.

Other than that, I get information at times, and I have some input, which allot of bigger dealers do, but in the end, it is Korg's decision to do what they do.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audioworks wrote:
I don't think Korg is doing this to try to upset people, I think circumstances created this issue, and hopefully, it was not a planned execution.

Other than that, I get information at times, and I have some input, which allot of bigger dealers do, but in the end, it is Korg's decision to do what they do.

Could you elaborate on paragraph one, please...Thank you.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Audioworks"]I don't think Korg is doing this to try to upset people, I think circumstances created this issue, and hopefully, it was not a planned execution.

Other than that, I get information at times, and I have some input, which allot of bigger dealers do, but in the end, it is Korg's decision to do what they do.[/quote]

Wait one minute. You don’t think that korg intentionally and fraudulently sold an unfinished , exorbitantly priced product to their loyal customers and took the risk that it wouldn’t upset them ?

The circumstances are pretty clear if you look at it realistically . Korg needed the cash and were willing to risk their reputation to get cash by selling the pa5x before it was properly tested and ready for public consumption.

Circumstances don’t make decisions . People do . You can tell the integrity of people by the decisions they make no matter the circumstances .

I know you have to be measured in your comments on this issue but still . Call a spade a spade .
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:

Circumstances don’t make decisions . People do . You can tell the integrity of people by the decisions they make no matter the circumstances .

(((Precisely)))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: