Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master delay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passiondanceorchestra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Master delay? Reply with quote

Even though I can think of some applications where it might be useful to have individual for each layer - who else thinks it would be better to have ONE delay for all layers in the master section?
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be useful in certain circumstances, I agree. Particularly if you only have one synth and your sound is not super complex, otherwise you risk muddying up everything -- it depends the performance, I suppose. How busy is it; how many different timbral elements are playing at once? An alternative for a master delay is to use outboard FX to do the job, either software or hardware (like a pedal or a rack unit, ideally connected to a mixer, but a mixer is not necessary, of course.)
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer if KORG kept to a MFX and IFX setup where you can freely assign any FX into any slot. Same as they do for every workstation ever built.

Right now the method implemented is very limited to pretty much presets. That being said, I’m not complaining at all. I’ve always been able to find that FX preset I wanted that supports minor tweaks, it’s just that it’s unusual for me to use presets.

Regards
Sharp.
passiondanceorchestra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I am running my Wavestate through a Strymon Timeline. It gives a better glue to my performances, having a "master" delay in comparison to individual delays on each layer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: