Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5X 88 keys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bromalex-vic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:

...here in this post it says that it should be a Fatar TP/40.
https://yamahamusicians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11929

Hi Ruben

I dont know if you noticed but this link you sent is from a 2018 forum post, and the only "PA5" I can find is:

"PA588 88 Fatar TP / 40, but designated as RH3 by Korg"

But this Korg PA588 is not the new Pa5X! It is an old Korg Arranger (around 2015, https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/190/1869/)

The only hands-on reliable report I've seeen is that from our "andfri78" from Jan 31st that opened his Pa5X.

Cheers
AndrewKeyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI.

An Admin from the official Korg PA5X facebook group deleted my post in which I shared my video showing the rattling keys. All the comments are of course gone as well. Note that this group is ran by Korg as far as I am aware since it is always mentioned in the official PA5X software update emails.

It said there was feedback for why the post was deleted but there is nothing there when I click the notification.
I'm pretty pissed off to say the least.

Edit: I have heard from the dealer and will be taking the Pa5X back to them. Really tried to like it but the keys ruined it obviously but other things I've not liked so much either about the keyboard. It's back to the Genos for me and I will look at a second (probably Kawai) digital piano board to go with that most likely.

Farewell Korg.
kleant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your original post on the Facebook Pa5X official page and it's not acceptable that was deleted!

Basically every post that is not positive about Pa5x gets deleted! The only post in there are from some old folks kidding themselves with some new factory styles! I hope Luke has nothing to do with it. I suspect is Adam since he is the most senior Admin in there and an official represantive of Korg. Propably I will be banned as well however this attitude towards genuine costumers is apalling.

The clancing noise as seen on your video is out of order for a top of a line instrument that is not even 6 month old. There is not an excuse to blaming on the delivery it just poor quality control.

All positive works around from some members do not help either when u have spend top price and expect top quality keyboard.

Going back to issue those Admins I don't care who they are in Korg ranks that are deleting posts from genuine costumers should be fired, they should know better than just presing the delete button!
AndrewKeyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kleant.

Yes I was surprised it was removed as I tried to be quite respectful towards Korg and also saying "i really tried to like the keyboard".

I'm glad people saw it though. The YouTube video is staying up! I hope everyone considering a PA5X 88 sees it.

The fact I can get a top of the range Kawai CA901 with wooden keys, polished ebony case, real sound board including speakers for the same price as the Pa5x and my complaint got treated like this by Korg is laughable.

I clearly overpaid for this product I'm starting to conclude as well. It's no match to a Genos, with some baffling omissions (no WAV recording? Or am I crazy?). My biggest problems are lack of registrations / keyboard sets I don't think give enough control and can be a bit unpredictable with some using split points & others don't, style selection doesn't show BPM.
I like the metal casing, the colour leds alongside the buttons etc but functionality is just not as good as the Yamaha. I even think a SX900 might be better for me than the PA5X, no joke.

I was initially excited about a weighted keybed inside of a top spec arranger that is somewhat portable (unlike a Yamaha CVP) but I don't think it's good enough for the price (I think the arranger itself 61 key / 76 key is maybe worth half what they are asking) and this unreliable Fatar keybed in the 88 key version is a big problem I suspect (out of the box things seemed fine btw).

It was my second and will be my last Korg.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have totally lost respect for korg . They are conmen who have tricked trusting customers with snake oil promises that never quite meet the promise .

And when customers try to provide genuine comment and feedback , they behave like YouTube , face book and Twitter , deleting and removing factual posts because it does not support the narrative they want to promote .

Very very disappointing
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewKeyz wrote:
FYI.

An Admin from the official Korg PA5X facebook group deleted my post in which I shared my video showing the rattling keys. All the comments are of course gone as well. Note that this group is ran by Korg as far as I am aware since it is always mentioned in the official PA5X software update emails. ....

I don't know if that's Korg's official group, but if it is....shame on them!

rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder why these oldies actually join this group, maybe because they’re not treated like morons for actually enjoying their keyboards. Not everyone is having problems, not everyone uses them to the full extent.

It is wrong of them to delete Andrew’s post as he was actually able to prove there was a problem with the keyboard. It wasn’t just here say. I certainly would be ropeable if it happened to mine. It is wrong if they are deleting posts that point out genuine flaws. I wouldn’t know , group is only open to owners in UK and Ireland. I tried to join before I realised I didn’t qualify.
Think it says they will actually remove you if they find you don’t qualify to be there.

Actually I haven’t had a Korg arranger yet ( except Pa4x) that didn’t have a problem.
Korg i3, delivered with broken keys.
Korg pa800 , 2 new screens both failed eventually.
Korg pa3x developed some sort of sticky coating round the screen buttons etc, couldn’t be removed.
Pa4x I only had for 2 or 3 years so hopefully it ended up being ok.

So I must be a moron, I kept buying them.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023

Last edited by rikkisbears on Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
kleant wrote:
I have seen your original post on the Facebook Pa5X official page and it's not acceptable that was deleted!

Basically every post that is not positive about Pa5x gets deleted! The only post in there are from some old folks kidding themselves with some new factory styles!!

Gee Whiz, wonder why these oldies actually join this group, maybe because they’re not treated like morons for actually enjoying their keyboards. Not everyone requires all the functions the prior keyboards had. It is wrong of them to delete Andrew’s post as he was actually able to prove there was a problem

As the saying goes.....

"If you find yourself neutral in situations of injustice, you may very well accidentally find yourself on the side of the oppressor"

With respect, I think that may of been the point that was perhaps being made.... Smile

Last edited by D575 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:

It is wrong of them to delete Andrew’s post as he was actually able to prove there was a problem with the keyboard. It wasn’t just here say. I certainly would be ropeable if it happened to mine. It is wrong if they are deleting posts that point out genuine flaws. I wouldn’t know , group is only open to owners in UK and Ireland. I tried to join before I realised I didn’t qualify.
Think it says they will actually remove you if they find you don’t qualify to be there.

Actually I haven’t had a Korg arranger yet ( except Pa4x) that didn’t have a problem....

Official or not, that's one strange group! I mean if you're going to delete every post that doesn't glorify the keyboard, then you're gonna have to delete A LOT of posts, especially for a work in progress keyboard.

Funny you mentioned the sticky coating for the Pa3x. I still have it. Around the screen as well as the mod wheel area is a sticky mess and getting worse. I can't even keep it clean anymore. It's like a sweaty sticky black residue.

Korg kind of turned a blind eye on that issue! I don't think they ever acknowledged the problem. Hopefully they didn't use that stuff on the Pa5x!

rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:

Actually I haven’t had a Korg arranger yet ( except Pa4x) that didn’t have a problem....

Official or not, that's one strange group! I mean if you're going to delete every post that doesn't glorify the keyboard, then you're gonna have to delete A LOT of posts, especially for a work in progress keyboard.

Funny you mentioned the sticky coating for the Pa3x. I still have it. Around the screen as well as the mod wheel area is a sticky mess and getting worse. I can't even keep it clean anymore. It's like a sweaty sticky black residue.

Korg kind of turned a blind eye on that issue! I don't think they ever acknowledged the problem. Hopefully they didn't use that stuff on the Pa5x!

Hi Sam, censorship, pretty scary, seems to be the way the world is going. One thing if someone is abusive, but for telling the truth and being able to prove it?

Yep that was mine also Sam. It started happening 6 to 7 years ago. ( it did happen to others also).
No way of cleaning it off , I tried different suggestions from the internet, made it worse.
One the the things I tried it literally started to melt the coating on the surround ie it smudged it!! I stopped quick smart. Haha.
We lived in a fairly humid area of NSW at the time, I wondered if humidity had something to do with it. BECAUSE, when I went to my cupboard to grab my cakewalk ua1g audio interface, (which I hadn’t used in months even years,) it was a total sticky mess just like on the keyboard. Still worked, but solid glug. Same type of plastic or whatever it is.
PA5x there’s no plastic surround like on the pa3x. The joystick surround I think is different too.
Sort of wish I’d kept mine because I sold it off pretty cheap because of the sticky issue. Didn’t have the space to keep all my keyboards when we downsized homes.
I’m sure Korg were well aware of it , I don’t think they used the same stuff on the Pa4x?
I think I put some tape round the joystick area or spots that caused issues with playing , something like the clear stuff you put on screens.
On the ua1g I massaged in a tiny bit of talcum powder, being super careful not to get it into cracks where it could affect electronics , looks awful but I’m not sticking to it. Haha.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right, Rikki. I live in a very dry climate and there's never been that problem on my 3x.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
You're probably right, Rikki. I live in a very dry climate and there's never been that problem on my 3x.

Not really. I live in Arcadia/Pasadena in Southern California. The weather here is as good as it gets all year round and I take a very good care of my instruments. I bought the Pa3x brand new as soon as it came out. I haven't even played it that much to be honest. I just don't really have a need for arranger keyboards in general.

The top metal portion is fine. The panel around the screen and joystick is literally melting! At this point, it looks pretty disgusting actually. I can't even press 'Global/Media/Record' buttons comfortably. That black residue has become that sticky. You can't wipe it. It gets worse.

Was this a problem for certain serial numbers? Not sure.

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue before 8 years when I sold it , this kind of plastic polymerizes itself after some years
when exposed to oxygen and not from moisture.
My solution was to rub and clean the most of polymered sticky material using a smooth synthetic cloth for lens
using 100% clean alchohol as a solvent.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anthony, always thought it might have been my own fault for keeping it in a spare bedroom without air conditioning ie humidity got to it . Makes me feel a bit better that it’s nothing I did.

Wow Sam, your’s certainly looks in worse condition than when I sold mine. I hope mine didn’t end up as bad . Certainly glad I made it very clear that it had this problem when I was selling it.

Strange , when I brought the subject up on the pa3x forum a few years back, at that time, it hadn’t affected everyone.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I had the same issue before 8 years when I sold it , this kind of plastic polymerizes itself after some years
when exposed to oxygen and not from moisture.
My solution was to rub and clean the most of polymered sticky material using a smooth synthetic cloth for lens
using 100% clean alchohol as a solvent.

Right, and that's the point I was trying to make. Clearly KORG was aware of the issue and yet provided no advice, suggestions...etc. I've never had an instrument that would literally LEAK sticky stuff in a perfect situation! If a new company pulls mistakes like this I could understand, but Korg's been around for a long time. It seems like some random guy saw this plastic and decided it looks good, let's use this one and see what happens kind of thing.

Korg's been acting strange for a good 10 years now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: