Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding a sequencer to King Korg?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Adding a sequencer to King Korg? Reply with quote

Hi all,
would really like to add some kind of sequencer to the King Korg, it's the one feature that is really missing - something like what the Roland System 8 has would be great.
Anyone advise me on a sequencer with a small footprint and preferably usb-based that I could add to the Kk, and which would allow me to get the same type of functionality (step input, real time input, polyphonic etc) that the System 8/ Arturia Matrixbrute/ Sequential pro 3 has?
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at the Korg SQ-1. It's not expensive and looks like it will do the job. I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to sync up my synths and also have them play sequences.

https://youtu.be/o3FPebeSY0E
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since originally posting, I discovered that Korg have an SQ 64 sequencer coming out soon, which on first glance, looks like it will fit the bill perfectly...
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Didn't know about it.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
mike3000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omvibraphone wrote:
Since originally posting, I discovered that Korg have an SQ 64 sequencer coming out soon, which on first glance, looks like it will fit the bill perfectly...

The SQ-64 is a fantastic sequencer, but it’s a LOT pricier than the SQ-1. If you just want to do basic, relatively simple sequences I would recommend the SQ-1. But if you want to do complex, powerful sequences the SQ-64 is the go. Very Happy
LM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike3000 wrote:
The SQ-64 is a fantastic sequencer, but it’s a LOT pricier than the SQ-1. If you just want to do basic, relatively simple sequences I would recommend the SQ-1. But if you want to do complex, powerful sequences the SQ-64 is the go. Very Happy

It seems that the SQ-1 has gone up in price ($130) and if you're in the US, you can currently get the SQ-64 from Korg Outlet on Reverb for exactly the same price.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I don't live in the State though. I'm moving in a couple of months, but after that I might take a serious look at getting one. I"d really like to get all of my synths synced up and playing cool sequences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: