Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songbook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomasteele

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject: songbook Reply with quote

how do you load or put in the songbook you created in the pa4x , thank you so much ps ...I am also trying to put in the osimo but to no avail
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage migration of pa4x songbook items is not possible.
It seems the only way to rebuild such database is it's creation from scratch.
thomasteele

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad....thank you
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osimo for the Pa series is a product of Korg UK and the team are working on an Osimo version for the 5X.

The website where the 700,1000 & 4X versions were accessible from is defunct.
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every post now seems like it is just another nail in the coffin for Pa5X. Pa4X Songbook is the GUTS of the Pa series, it sets it apart from the competitors. All our favourite songs are there edited and added to setlist. Many of my best ones are from using midi to style conversion, fabulous songs.

Several years of work that I would not like to do again. Would not be able to do again because there is so much beloved music and hard work gone into my Pa4X. I know that I speak for others here too.

Despite trying to be more positive, which I am doing, my hopes of ever owning a Pa5X are sadly diminishing by the day. Sorry for that. But playing and performing without my Pa4X Songbook NO. It would not be possible. But at the moment I am good. Three Pa arrangers each with a fabulous Songbook.

Fingers crossed Korg are looking at our posts and Stickies.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thomas, they’re supposedly working towards May/June for compatibility.
https://www.korg.com/au/products/synthesizers/pa5x/faq.php

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
thomasteele

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all
keithwjones

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From last UK webinar.

They are working on a way to import songbook from Pa4X.

Keith
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question please. How difficult and complex would it be with the next OS update to make Pa4X Songbook completely compatible with Pa5X Songbook?

Would it be a very, very simple thing to do or very difficult from a technical point of view regarding the “structure” of Pa5X?

Some time ago I wrote here about getting Pa 700, 1000 and other Pa series Songbooks onto the Pa4X Songbook. It can be done but it is not straight forward and requires Songbook Editor to make it easier and work. A bit complex.

And so it would be nice to know with the next OS update if getting our beloved Pa4X Songbook into Pa5X Songbook would be a very quick, simple and straight forward operation. Or result here in yet another onslaught of criticism.

Other stuff needs to be sorted with next OS, ok, but regarding Songbook as in the opening post, how much of a challenge will it be for the Korg team?

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would it be a very, very simple thing to do or very difficult from a technical point of view regarding the “structure” of Pa5X?

Modifications to an OS potential requires much work and testing however "basic" the change may appear to the end-user, so, unless you are deeply technically familiar with the OS, it is not possible to say if it is "simple" or not.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
GXG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Songbook doesn't work in Pa5X. It uses the sounds and expression values from Intro 1 across all the Style elements, it's a nightmare. And if you forget that you accessed the Style from Songbook and you hit Save Style, it damage your styke with the wrong values from Songbook. Where should I send an email to Korg for this matter and not only that?
kleant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are wrong riki is still happy with Pa5X and will find you a way around most missing functions and bugs Very Happy

Now more chances u have to contact santa than korg at the current climate specifically if something is not positive with Pa5X!
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GXG wrote:
The Songbook doesn't work in Pa5X. It uses the sounds and expression values from Intro 1 across all the Style elements, it's a nightmare. And if you forget that you accessed the Style from Songbook and you hit Save Style, it damage your styke with the wrong values from Songbook. Where should I send an email to Korg for this matter and not only that?

Hi GXG, I’ve never used the songbook in my prior korgs, I always just saved styles for songs as user styles and just picked them as I needed. Home use only.
I bought songbook+ for iPad, for my sx900 a while back, so I was also going to try using it for PA5x. But as you said it has major problems.
I’ve only just started setting my songbook up, I was aware that instrument changes in the style tracks caused problems , fortunately some styles don’t have changes, wasn’t aware of expression, so thank you, I’ll check that too.
Anyway I’m still going ahead with setting up songbook, the styles that are going to cause problems with instrument changes and expression ,I’ll just set up as user style for a specific song, with the correct tempo, and any other settings required. I’ll still put it into songbook.
For those songs/styles I’ll just songbook as a reference point.
For me simple , as I’m only using it at home. For performance not so good.
I pick the song in songbook
Press exit
Tap on style on main screen
Tap on it again to choose it in the list, and it plays all the variations with correct instruments. Fortunately it’s hilighted in the list so easy to see.
One day when they hopefully fix it , my songbook should still be useable, I should just able to play the songs directly.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
GXG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rikkisbears! There is one thing I don't have when I play on stage: time. I play keyboard and vocal at the same time, let's say like one man band. I used my Pa3X by sending midi messages from Ipad. When I select the desired lyrics, the Ipad changes the Songbook entry. I know that you can reselect the style but what will happen if, for example, you changed in the meantime the tempo of that Style, that you know you have saved for particular song to a certain Tempo? I often use same style for different songs stored in songbook, with different Keyboard Sets, Pads, Transposition, Tempo etc. For users like me, it's almost impossible without Songbook. Fixing Songook must be a priority, before implementing the missing features. When I took Pa5X, I assumed that Songbook does it's job, like it is written in the User Manual... It's not a joke, this is my job and it's not pleasant to have a faulty keyboard in front of 100+ dancers... not to mention the amount of money... huge dissapointment. I advise all the ones who want to buy Pa5X to read carefully all they can get on the internet about all the errors. If I knew Songbook isn't working, I wouldn't have bought Pa5. But it's not to late to give it back to the seller, I have 2 years warranty, although all the keyboards are software damaged by default. Rolling Eyes
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GXG, really feel sorry for owners like yourself who were expecting to be able to use this keyboard for work. It’s not as advertised.

Let’s hope Korg are listening to their unhappy customers.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: