Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa3x protected PCM Samples Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saceden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Korg pa3x protected PCM Samples Problem Reply with quote

Hello

please someone can help me. i have a big problem.

I bought a Protected USB stick with a full SET from a Reseller 6 years ago.
when the USB stick arrived i immediately made a backup of the .SET folder onto my pc. I still have the backup.

This usb stick contains protected PCM samples which are loaded into the pa3x, which have work perfectly until today.
before i power on the pa3x i put the stick into the pa3x usb so the system can decrypt the protected pcm samples

My problem now:

After keyboard startup
Some PCM samples are not working, which means when i press the keys i can't hear anything.
Some other Protected PCM samples are working but not for all keys on the keyboard.
some random does not make any sound. For example
when i select a flute performance sound (protected pcm sound) i play on the A MIN scale the c, cis, d key is not working

if i select a guitar performance sound (protected pcm sound) i play on the A MIN scale the e, d key is not working

my question:

i think that some pcm protected sounds on the usb stick are damaged.

Can i delete the content of the stick (delete the .SET folder) and copy the .SET folder from my backup onto the stick?
if i do this, am i risking the loss of the functionality of the usb stick?

Please help me. i will do all to get the usb stick with the protected pcm samples working again normaly

i would appreciate if somecone can give me a proper answer.

thank you a lot
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get it, now samples arent working with original protected usb or the one you copied from original?
And how you saw that is protected usb?
saceden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a SET. Maybe you know like the Pasha.SET or TEAM.SET you can buy
for the Korg pa3x system.

This is then delivered on a Special USB stick.

This is the Instruction of Korg for the USB Sticks:
https://kelfar.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Ayoub-Protected-PCM-Memory-Stick.pdf

and now some of them are not working and i do not know why.

when usb stick was purchased years ago i made a backup of the files written in the instruction (the link above)

so my question is if i can now restore the backup i made years ago to the
usb stick without risk of getting damage on the usb stick (or the protection)
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On what usb port did you tried, and did you tried all this on other one?
I had problem on pa3 that i couldnt load set from any usb from front usb port.... then somehow i tried on second one and it worked all....

just try at other one and tell us....
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa3x protected PCM Samples Problem Reply with quote

saceden wrote:
.. after keyboard startup some PCM samples are not working, which means when i press the keys i can't hear anything.
Some other Protected PCM samples are working ..

Maybe it is not a problem of your PCM samples but the reason maybe the backup battery gets discharged, or in any case in which you notice samples are not sounding good, you should use this the command "Force PCM Reload" to force reloading of PCM Samples.

To do so go to Global, Preferences and "Force PCM Reload".
But if something is wrong with your PCM USB-Memory Stick and you think the original .Set-folder is damaged, it will be useful to immediately make a second backup of your first backup, to have in reserve a reliable backup of the PCM samples.

That is because of a damaged original .Set folder that does not matter, because the most important task of the PCM USB-memory stick is not to memorize the protected PCM samples, but is to act as a PROTECTION KEY.

The protected samples residing in any backup can be loaded from any device of the Pa3x and it is not necessary to be on the stick, which primarily is important as a protection key.

It's definitely not recommended to restore the backup to the usb stick, because most likely the PCM will not be damaged.
It is better to to have a second reliable backup of the PCM samples on another device.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: