Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Damper/Sus pedal with Legacy Collection Triton Extreme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicgurl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Using Damper/Sus pedal with Legacy Collection Triton Extreme Reply with quote

I'm try to create arrangements with various softsynths plugins on separate tracks in Ableton Live.
Can anyone tell me if its possible to use a Damper/Sustain pedal to keep the rhythmic/arpeggiator playing on one the Triton 'rhythmic' patches so I can create a comp track using another instrument?
So far my damper pedal seems to be able to only control one voice of a Combi patch but never the rhythmic which I believe is running on the arpeggiator.
Trying to master the Collection Triton Extreme plugin but can't find any good tutorials which aren't focused on the original Triton hardware keyboard.

Thanks in advance to all Korg believers!

(BTW I started on and still have the T1, M1 and M3R and am looking for a good used Kronos X or 2 73).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using as a controller?
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
musicgurl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novation Impulse with a Roland damper/sustain pedal plugged into the Sustain 1/4" jack on the Novation.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you can set a custom CC to turn the arp(s) on and off, and I'd recommend that over the damper. If you go to the ARP tab you can right click on the arp on/off radio button and assign a CC value. If you open up the tabs for arp a and arp b you might be able to assign a separate CC value to each on/off but I don't recall. It may be a while before I can get the VST in front of me again. My buddy that has it is out of town currently but I can check when he gets back and things settle down.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: