Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I load a Krome .PCG into a Kronos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkpiano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Can I load a Krome .PCG into a Kronos? Reply with quote

When I bought my Krome years ago, I was able to just load in the old M50 .PCG file. I'm wondering if I can load my Krome .PCG file into a Kronos?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not possible to directly load a Krome PCG file into the Kronos. The Kronos and Krome architectures are too different for this to work. It should be possible to perform a manual conversion, by having the Krome and Kronos side by side, and creating new Programs and Combis on the Kronos, using the Krome as the "source" data, since the Kronos HD-1 engine has many similarities to the Krome's EDS-X system. There was a "KROMOS" Krome to Kronos converter software in the making, back in 2013, but it didn't get much beyond an early beta. There is a discussion thread here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86123

There is a download link to KROMOS v0.7 on about the 4th page of this thread. As of today the link is still working. KROMOS appears to be able to convert Krome Programs to Kronos format, but not Combis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: