Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no space available on medium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: no space available on medium Reply with quote

Hi everybody
I'm french so sorry for my english
I've a few questions about the problem "no space available on medium"
It happened when I record audio tracks on the seq even if I delete some songs'files.
My disk is a 32Go and it's not possible to work with an external disk to record audio on seq mode. It must be the internal to record audio in seq mode
Above all, the internal disk seems to have 29Go free space. But it seems to stay at 29Go even if I record audio.
So I dont understand why I cannot record and I get this message.
Is it a problem of ram ? or a problem of disk ? or a problem of system ?

Does somebody ever get this problem ?

I think I will change the internal by a 1To disk and reinstall the system.
I hope that wiill be the issue

What do you think about ?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, that happens when there is an abandoned SNG (?) file left in the filesystem. I seem to also recall this issue discussed here previously, and lastly seem to recall a note in the Operations Guide about it.

Use the search here to see if you can locate the thread, and I will dig into the OP guide and see if I can find it.

Unless I’m mistaken, you do NOT need to expand your disk capacity or re-install the OS.
wocongming

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: no space available on medium Reply with quote

daviddenargis wrote:
Hi everybody
I'm french so sorry for my english
I've a few questions about the problem "no space available on medium"
It happened when I record audio tracks on the seq even if I delete some songs'files.
My disk is a 32Go and it's not possible to work with an external disk to record audio on seq mode. It must be the internal to record audio in seq mode
Above all, the internal disk seems to have 29Go free space. But it seems to stay at 29Go even if I record audio.
So I dont understand why I cannot record and I get this message.
Is it a problem of ram ? or a problem of disk ? or a problem of system ?

Does somebody ever get this problem ?

Usually when i get that message its because i have to many audio files saved sitting there on the SSD. I usually just make sure i copy all my songs ive done previous to a couple thumb drives and delete them after from my korgs harddrive. then BOOM, all that space available again for future recording. hope this helps.

I think I will change the internal by a 1To disk and reinstall the system.
I hope that wiill be the issue

What do you think about ?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn’t find the info I was looking for in the OP Guide, so I started searching here - there are a lot of threads to sort through, but this one may be relevant and also links to a couple of others:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109148&highlight=space+medium
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok
first of all Thanks everybody for helping me.
So the problem is still here after changing SSD
I made an iso copy from the korg SSD to a new SSD 1To and it works. OUF
So now I've 896Go free space but still have the error message when I try to record audio on sequencer.
c'est ballo
So I have deleted all my sub-folders et put just one song file on the root SSD not on sub-folder.
Always same error.

I'm continuing searching for issues because I need to make my own compositions on the kronos.
If I find the issue I will post it.
Thank you to help me
Maybe tunaman is right when he supposed a abandonned sng file in the system but how can I resolve that ?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By iso copy, is this a disk image? If so, it is likely that the partition size on the new, larger SSD will still be the same as on the original drive. The partition will need extending, either to the full size, or at least a size larger than the original SSD.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviddenargis wrote:
So now I've 896Go free space but still have the error message when I try to record audio on sequencer.

In disk mode, click on the Media Info tab and check "free size". What do you read there ?
daviddenargis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

By iso copy, is this a disk image? If so, it is likely that the partition size on the new, larger SSD will still be the same as on the original drive. The partition will need extending, either to the full size, or at least a size larger than the original SSD.

I've extended the partition before reinstalling with a linux gparted utilitie (I'm informaticien)

Quote:
In disk mode, click on the Media Info tab and check "free size". What do you read there ?

I've checked the medium on disk mode and effectivly get more than 800Go free size

and more :
Before changing disk by a 1To one, I've tested to delete all my personnal files on the original SSD and only let the factory files. I had 29Go free size on the original disk but always get the error message when trying to record audio track on a new song file

I dont't undertstand why this problem, but sure not a free size problem.
Maybe a corrupt file system ?
"Tunaman" told me about an abandonned SNG file that corrupt the system ?

I also had read all threads with "no space available on medium" on the korg forum but don't find any solution.

I also write to the korg technicial support and wait for their answer.

[EDIT]
Maybe find a way of a solution :
When I restart the kronos and I don't load my SNG file, there is no problem and I can record audio going to the temp file
But when I load my saved SNG file I cannot record audio track and get the message "no space available on medium"

Anyone have an idea ?

[EDIT2] I'm searching and testing.....new infos
It seams to be a sng file problem because when I load the specific song_file on witch there are many songs I cannot record audio on some songs :
explains
1 I load my album.SNG
2 there are more than 10 songs I've recorded on this file (song 001, song 002..Etc because I think unless I'm wrong that it's possible to create 200 songs (1 to 200 on the choice list) until there is free space on SSD on a one SNGFILE
3 On song 001 track audio 1 of my album.sng, I want to replace the existing audio record, so I'm going on disk mode and delete the album_A\song001\attrack01 audio record to clean the audio track 1
4 I return to seq mode and start to record audio track 1 and then I got the error message
So I've tried to record another track (ex n° 5) and it works. no error message.
So if I initialize song, it works, if I try another audio track it works, if I create new song after restarting kronos, it works.

So now I'm trying to understand what is the problem with the SNG file and not with the system.
The good way is that I've 1To SSD now
And go to bed now
Thanks a lot

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: