Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a new, useful product emerging?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Is a new, useful product emerging? Reply with quote

Hello.
Please excuse me if suddenly my message violates any rules. I just want to share information with my colleagues. Perhaps it will be useful to someone.

I want to share with you a young project. He's a couple of weeks old, but he can already be useful to someone. The project is created by enthusiasts, completely free. At the moment, the project is a kind of archive for the Android operating system. In this application, you can already find many styles, sounds, pads, and other materials for popular arrangers. In the future, the project is planned to expand. There should be a style converter, a style manager and some other functions.

If anyone is interested, then the app is already available in PlayMarket. It's called COVERClub Manager 2. (that's how the name is spelled). Evaluate it yourself. Perhaps now it will be useful to you.

At the moment, the application does not show the entire database. This is just a small part, for testing. In addition, the database is constantly updated. And I repeat, everything is absolutely free, from enthusiasts. Let's support the students, they are trying very hard for all of us.

A little instruction.
After installing the application, on the first day you can view the contents of the database. The next day, the system will give you tokens. This is a kind of ticket to download the style. This restriction is temporary, as the guys do not have enough capacity. At the moment, you get 2+1 bonus token per day. So it turns out that you can download, for example, 3 styles per day. The next day, you are given 2+ 1 token again. At the moment, so. If the server copes, then the number of tokens per day will increase.

The total database of the application contains about 400,000+ different files. But due to lack of capacity, only a part is currently available. Gradually it will be increased. I remind you, the program is only two weeks old. Over time, it will be an interesting, necessary, useful and completely free product.

I found it useful for myself and I want to share this information with you. Sincerely, your colleague.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this data harvested from websites that have for years been collecting this data and offering it for free? If yes, I bet those people won’t be happy to see someone taking their files, years of work, and hosted elsewhere behind a “download token” which sounds one step away from monetising all this at some point.

Just saying. It sounds like a good idea, but I can see lots of people having issues with this if the data has simply been taken from collections people have been working for years on and hosting out of their own pockets.

Regards
Sharp.
Shandera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp Hello. I am a member of the COVER club, which decided to release this app for all of us, for many years. I know that part of the database consists of gifts from participants. Many members of the club donated their collections. Of course, no one knows how the participants collected these collections, but so far no complaints from the authors have been received by the club. In addition, part of the database consists of specially ordered resources. Club members made donations for these funds, the club ordered content from private producers, especially for this collection. The authors knew that. Many producers have donated their own works with the wording exclusively for the club. None of the authors of the application stole these resources, but publicly received them as a gift from club members or developers, including for a fee. Tokens are also used, due to lack of capacity and the desire to be useful to as many ordinary musicians as possible.

But I think if the claims are received and they are substantiated and proven, then the authors of the application will remove the content that violates someone's rights.
Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Is a new, useful product emerging? Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
Hello.
Please excuse me if suddenly my message violates any rules. I just want to share information with my colleagues. Perhaps it will be useful to someone.

I want to share with you a young project. He's a couple of weeks old, but he can already be useful to someone. The project is created by enthusiasts, completely free. At the moment, the project is a kind of archive for the Android operating system. In this application, you can already find many styles, sounds, pads, and other materials for popular arrangers. In the future, the project is planned to expand. There should be a style converter, a style manager and some other functions.

If anyone is interested, then the app is already available in PlayMarket. It's called COVERClub Manager 2. (that's how the name is spelled). Evaluate it yourself. Perhaps now it will be useful to you.

At the moment, the application does not show the entire database. This is just a small part, for testing. In addition, the database is constantly updated. And I repeat, everything is absolutely free, from enthusiasts. Let's support the students, they are trying very hard for all of us.

A little instruction.
After installing the application, on the first day you can view the contents of the database. The next day, the system will give you tokens. This is a kind of ticket to download the style. This restriction is temporary, as the guys do not have enough capacity. At the moment, you get 2+1 bonus token per day. So it turns out that you can download, for example, 3 styles per day. The next day, you are given 2+ 1 token again. At the moment, so. If the server copes, then the number of tokens per day will increase.

The total database of the application contains about 400,000+ different files. But due to lack of capacity, only a part is currently available. Gradually it will be increased. I remind you, the program is only two weeks old. Over time, it will be an interesting, necessary, useful and completely free product.

I found it useful for myself and I want to share this information with you. Sincerely, your colleague.

Hello everyone. I'm monitoring the situation with the application. Several updates have been released. The speed of work and stability have significantly increased. Increased the number of tokens issued per day. The content base is updated almost every day. New buttons started appearing. Judging by them,
they'll be here soon. Notes. Well done students. Respect! With respect to all KORG fans!
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of developers of styles and sounds for Korg pa, have promised, on an ongoing basis, to exclusively release styles and sounds for this application. Is free. Compatibility starting from pa 300. The first styles and sounds will appear in December. Great news.
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version of the Android application COVER Club Manager 2 has been released.
version: 2.4.0.13

- Fixed some serious bugs.
- If the notes are open, the screen does not go out.
- TOKEN of accrual occurs automatically, depending on the load. This is a forced measure.
- Added bonus system for active archive users.
- Added a promo code system.
- A number of visual and other changes.

Attention! The application has been significantly redesigned. If you have unspent tokens, they will burn after the update.

Attention! The old version will work until the end of the week, after which it will be disabled.

After transition to the new version, high-quality, exclusive styles will be added, which active users of the archive will be able to get. (Not for all brands).
Overall, the new version is very good. The update was successful. It's all good. The work continues.
PaulgroK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Details, please. Reply with quote

Hi. I dont get the grip fully around this.
It sounds very exiting.

Is this an app for phone only, and Android only?
Is it based on Styles, or songs or both?

How do we download and get the file into the PA?

(I'm still quite new with PA, so i'm on my steep learning curve....) Smile
Shandera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Details, please. Reply with quote

PaulgroK wrote:
Hi. I dont get the grip fully around this.
It sounds very exiting.

Is this an app for phone only, and Android only?
Is it based on Styles, or songs or both?

How do we download and get the file into the PA?

(I'm still quite new with PA, so i'm on my steep learning curve....) Smile

Hi. Yes, the app is currently only for Android. In the future, iOS, Windows are planned. In the application on the Info page, there is a brief instruction. The application contains a database (constantly updated) with different styles, sounds, pads. And recently, a section with notes was launched in test mode. The app is at the very beginning of the journey. It takes a lot of effort, time and money to make it powerful and very useful. The day after installation, you will be able to download styles or sounds. So far, little by little, the server is running in test mode.

Via a USB flash drive, via cable, via Google drive, via mail, there are many different ways how you can transfer files from an Android device. I hope it was useful.
PaulgroK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Perfect Shandera. Reply with quote

I'm used to Apple and their programs.
No knowledge of Android, so thanks for confirming.

Have to figure out how to get my hands on an Android unit to use!

Thank you!
Shandera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

The COVER club Manager 2.
v.2.5.0.16 update has been released.

In this update we:
- fixed a number of serious bugs.
- added the ability to listen to the sound of content for GOLD tokens.
- significantly redesigned the archive interface and its engine.
- Moving to a new server.

Attention! Due to very significant changes within the application itself, we are unable to perform a simple update procedure. You need to uninstall the application, and then install it again. If you just update the application, it will not start. I personally apologize, but we needed to do this so that we could start large-scale changes.
Shandera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version of our Android app has been released.
COVER club Manager 2.
v.2.5.6.17

In this update:
- urgently fixed a number of errors from the last issue.
- changed the mechanism for listening to GOLD content (it no longer works on the previous version).
- redesigned the archive engine (increased in speed).
- fixed a number of old flaws (since the first version).

+ As compensation for the inconvenience, we reduced the time before receiving the SAEPE token by 21%.

For those who have already upgraded to version 2.5.0, the update will take place normally. Progress and tokens will not be lost. For those who have an older version: Attention! If the application does not start after the update, just reinstall it, we apologize.

Attention! ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT THE LATEST ONE WILL BE STOPPED NEXT WEEK. This is due to the move to a more powerful, commercial server. Since listening to high-quality sound requires good speed. Including your Internet. Therefore, we will try to find a balance between speed and quality.

The work continues. Thank you for your support and help.

Everything is just beginning ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: