Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impressive demos please for Nautilus...Where do I find them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neel1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject: Impressive demos please for Nautilus...Where do I find them? Reply with quote

I'm only starting on the Nautilus now and I want to showcase the potential of the workstation to people around me....Is there a site where I could get some serious impressive demos that could work on the Nautilus. I find the present available demos pretty much average.....They are good, but not impressive for someone who has been used to hear demos from people like Stephen Kay.

Could you help me find something that will really impress people around me? Thanks in advance.

I'm really into music style like Depeche Mode, Roysopps, Pet Shop Boys...

So as demos, I like the electronic feel in music.
Arturia Keylab MKii 61 version
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-230
Logic ProX
Reason Suite 11
Native Instruments Complete
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos or Nautilus song file sharing doesn't seem to be a thing that's done. There was a community "song chain" project in the early Kronos days (2012) encouraging users to take an initial song and embellish upon it, but it never really got off the ground. It probably wasn't helped by the fact that Kronos and Nautilus songs don't simply consist of a .SNG file, but may require a number of other files, including .WAV files for audio tracks. Korg never implemented a "wrapper" type song file structure, whereby all the necessary files could be encapsulated in a single archive file that was easily "installed" by the OS onto the internal SSD.

So what are the alternatives for demoing the Nautilus' abilties?

There are some impressive YouTube videos by several people, including Korg's Luke Edwards, that showcase the Nautilus pretty well.

The Korg Kronos Sound Pack for Nautilus (EXs315, EXs316, EXS317, EXs 318, EXs319, EXs320) includes a number of Programs that will produce instantly recognisable sounds, such as Sirius (Dave Parsons Project), Baba o'Reilly (The Who), Sweet Dreams (Eurhythmics), where playing a single key (e.g. C3) will produce the arpeggiated signature sound, plus a second sound using a keyboard split, plus drums. The whole sound pack isn't cheap, and it may be possible to purchase EXs320 separately. The EXs libraries, when installed, will operate in demo mode (sound fading in and out) until a key is purchased, but this should give some idea of the potential.

Dan Stesco has a Vangelis pack for Nautilus ( https://www.danstesco.ro/nautilus ), and there is a Depeche Mode pack for Kronos, which may well get ported to the Nautilus. Dan is very approachable, and exceedingly helpful. There are YouTube videos of these sound packs, to give some idea of what they're capable of.

Then there are the MIDI file download sites, some paid and some free. Try putting "Karaoke MIDI files" into your favourite search engine, to find those. The sounds may not be the best, since the default would be to use the GM banks, but the sounds could be remapped.
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

Then there are the MIDI file download sites, some paid and some free. Try putting "Karaoke MIDI files" into your favourite search engine, to find those. The sounds may not be the best, since the default would be to use the GM banks, but the sounds could be remapped.

Yes, some GM files will work but need some work, specifically removing the MIDI messages to set the instrument bank (usually in the first MIDI measure), and perhaps panning, chorus and volume CCs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: