Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More memory for Sequences in Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strumboli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject: More memory for Sequences in Krome Reply with quote

I was loading some midi files for live performance while in Sequencer mode. I could not load the 30 songs I wanted as it complained about not enough memory. Presume this depends on the amount of midi data. I opened the workstation and saw a 4Gb SSD. Can I copy it's contents to a larger SSD? Will that help?

Regards,
Strumboli
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sequencer / Song data are loaded into RAM in order to play them. The RAM is separate from the SSD, so increasing the size of the SSD probably won't resolve the issue.

Are the songs very long, or are they "busy" and contain large amounts of note on/off data?

Could it be that there are a large amount of control data in the MIDI files? Things like pitch bend, modulation, and control knob movement can generate MIDI events for every resolvable step in the movement of the control, if resolution is set to high, so will tend to eat into the 210,000 total MIDI event limit quite quickly. Reducing the resolution will reduce RAM usage, and might help. Look at the Krome Parameter Guide sections entitled "Erase Control Data", and "Quantize".

The alternative might be to split the 30 songs into batches of, say, 15.

strumboli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject: More memory for Sequences in Krome Reply with quote

Thanks Voip. You saved me going down a dead end. I'm sure you'd have mentioned if it's possible to increase the RAM where sequencer / song data are loaded so it's as you say, manage the number and size of the songs.

I put a lot of effort into tweaking a song after creating it from a midi file. Unfortunately, I can't save a song individually, just all of the sequences as an .SNG file. If I export a sequence as a midi I lose some of that work so I'm guessing I'd need to save each sequence in its own .SNG to create a library of songs. To prepare for a gig, I'd load several .SNGs using append to create a large (within limits!) .SNG. Possibly one for each set. Each gig might have a different set list drawing from a pallette of 50 or so. Is that the best way to go about it or have I missed something? I bought my Krome second hand and haven't had it long but think it's wonderful. Just a lot to get my head around.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal SD card is only for big PCM. If replace it will damage the lot of internal sound. The SEQ memory is count on steps that is already allocated in the special memory. Is not expandable. Follow the suggestion of our friend VOIP and erase unused control data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: