Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clicking sound on drum beats (KP3)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobemoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Clicking sound on drum beats (KP3) Reply with quote

Hi

I'm hoping some fellow KP3 users could help either confirm or deny an audio glitch I've found that I suspect is a bug in the KP3.

I'm trying to use the drum effects (drn.1 - drn.6) and I've noticed a clicking sound that is very distracting from the drums, as its medium pitched its especially noticeable when using bass drum when there is no other sounds playing.

It seems to only happen on the 2nd+ beat. Here is simplest way to reproduce the issue:

1. Power up KP3. No inputs, no SD loaded. Default settings. FX depth turned up.
2. Select effect drn.6
3. Press once on bottom left square of touch pad. You should hear a nice low bass drum.
4. keep pressing the same location, quite fast, a few times per second.

I am expecting the same low bass noise to just repeat for each press, but what I find happens is that on the 2nd or 3rd press, there is a click noise just before or as the drum sample starts to play. This is significantly higher in pitch than the bass drum and is very noticeable.

Its noticeable in both the line out through my amp, and also the headphone out directly to headphones.

Changing FX depth, volume, good levels, keeping everything low (not clipping) seems not to make any difference.

This doesn't seem to happen with any other generators, like SY.10, or LP.12 for example generate bassy sounds in that bottom left square too, and don't seem to suffer the same click.

I've upgraded firmware to the latest (2.0), this made no difference.

As a firmware/software developer myself, it feels like a bug in the drum synth code. Its not noticeable if the drum includes a symbol or other non-bass sounds, and its barley noticeable if playing the drums over other music. Its not present in any of the other generators. Maybe its just gone unnoticed/unfixed!?

Could fellow KP3 users please use the steps above to check and see if they get the same noise? If we are all hearing the same thing then I will put this down to a firmware issue and stop trying different headphones/settings/amps/speakers etc.

I could record a snippet of the clicking if that helps?

May thanks and happy beats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: