Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would this scsi2sd adapter work with the exb-scsi card?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelMcG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Would this scsi2sd adapter work with the exb-scsi card? Reply with quote

I just found a site called amigakit.com, which sells various scsi adapters and converters. There are a couple of SCSI2SD adapters, including this "mini" 25-pin dsub adapter: https://amigakit.amiga.store/zuluscsi-mini-adapter-p-91288.html?aksid=mje3dbi6c0d7b95gob97rg8oqk&currency=GBP&aksid=mje3dbi6c0d7b95gob97rg8oqk

It is described as being "designed for direct-attach use with any devices which have DB25 SCSI ports, such as most legacy Macintosh computers, and is physically the same form factor as SCSI2SD V5.5."

So, would this work with the Triton/Rack exb-scsi card? [/code]
samriccijr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MichaelMcG!

Yes, the ZULU SCSI MINI should connect directly to the DB25 on the EXB SCSI. It looks like 5V power goes to a USB port. There should be dip switches to set the SCSI ID.

https://samplerzone.com/collections/zuluscsi/products/zuluscsi-mini-v1-0-scsi-sd-drive

Back in the Trinity days I loaded PBS TRI samples and PCGs using a

ACARD 7720U SCSI to IDE
Generic IDE to CF adapter
2Gig CF card
5V Power pigtail

All of this was mounted in an old Apple SCSI hard drive case. The SCSI cable was heavier than the enclosure and the parts......

I installed a similar kit in a Triton Rack. I had to buy a short DB25 to IDC 50 pin ribbon connector and a DB25 gender changer. I built a hard drive pigtail to power everything from the Floppy plug. I made an adapter to move the SCSI port in about 1 inch so all the cables would be contained within the Triton Rack. The only drawback was that I had to open the case to access the CF card.

I have since moved my samples to Kontakt on the Mac, SFZ on a Zynthian, and Soundfonts on my phone.

But to this day I still gig with Triton sounds in my Karma keyboard!

Hope this helps!
Sam in NJ USA
MichaelMcG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samriccijr wrote:

I installed a similar kit in a Triton Rack. I had to buy a short DB25 to IDC 50 pin ribbon connector and a DB25 gender changer. I built a hard drive pigtail to power everything from the Floppy plug. I made an adapter to move the SCSI port in about 1 inch so all the cables would be contained within the Triton Rack. The only drawback was that I had to open the case to access the CF card.

I have since moved my samples to Kontakt on the Mac, SFZ on a Zynthian, and Soundfonts on my phone.

But to this day I still gig with Triton sounds in my Karma keyboard!

Hope this helps!

Sam in NJ USA

Hi Sam, thanks for replying.

Yes, that is the sort of thing I would like to do. I would imagine spacers similar to those used to install pc motherboards etc, would suffice for moving the card back. The only issue would be the length of the cable from the exb-scsi card to Triton motherboard. So If I could get a 25 pin dsub male to female cable it should be possible with this adapter?
samriccijr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a straight thru db25 M-F (not a null modem) should work.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: